The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the Lotus brand and so far my experience has been very pleasant… I purchased my Exige S just as my wife and I were going out of the country for our anniversary… Jason at Lotus of Atlanta handled all the details of the purchase while we were out of the country and answered our emails promptly… We were very pleased with the purchase process and everyone at the dealership… We had a wonderful experience at LOA as compared to other (911, Cayman and S2000) dealerships…

I had several sports cars in the past (German and Japanese) and had no issues answering questions about them… I’m not sure how to answer the question: What’s it (Lotus) like..? The individuals are attempting to compare the Lotus to other makes of sports cars and I’m not sure how to answer them…

BTW: The Exige is more than living up to my expectations… :D

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
It is really not like any production car so that is why it is hard to answer. More like a cross between a car like the S2000 or Miata, and a Go Kart.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I’m new to the Lotus brand and so far my experience has been very pleasant… I purchased my Exige S just as my wife and I were going out of the country for our anniversary… Jason at Lotus of Atlanta handled all the details of the purchase while we were out of the country and answered our emails promptly… We were very pleased with the purchase process and everyone at the dealership… We had a wonderful experience at LOA as compared to other (911, Cayman and S2000) dealerships…

I had several sports cars in the past (German and Japanese) and had no issues answering questions about them… I’m not sure how to answer the question: What’s it (Lotus) like..? The individuals are attempting to compare the Lotus to other makes of sports cars and I’m not sure how to answer them…

BTW: The Exige is more than living up to my expectations… :D
Whats owning a Lotus like? I would guess the answer of an Elise/Exige owner and that of an Esprit owner might be a bit different... rotfl

I think your answer should be "Im still learning," although from reading members comments it seems Lotus ownership is relatively hassle free, in terms of maintinence.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
The reason the question is difficult to answer is because the Lotus experience is UNIQUE. It's "outside the box" and doesn't relate the common place or norm.

So, how to answer the question, "What's a Lotus?" It's fun, unadulterated, unfiltered, raw driving experience. It's about the driver and putting fun back into driving. It's involving, engaging and focused. It's about putting a grin on your face just thinking about taking your Lotus through a twisty bit or diving down the Corkscrew at Laguna, Turn 10 at Atlanta, double apexing Turn 2 and 3 at Barber.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain.
...man, charlie, you've been awfully grumpy the past few days - birth control pills are supposed to really help control premenstrual irritability, you know...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.