The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..

I'm new here, this is my first post. I've been reading a lot on here and finally decided to become a member. I've owned Porsches for years, I currently have an '08 Cayman, but have came across a Lotus for sale in my town, which is really rare as I live out in the boonies in Virginia.

Lotus : Elise Base Convertible 2-Door in Lotus | eBay Motors

What do you think it's worth? Personally, I think even the bid is kind of high right now.

I'm going to try to go check it out when I get back in the area, I work offshore in the Gulf. There's no one around my area that would be remotely familiar with it, and frankly neither am I. What kind of stuff should I look out for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
This
I need to put the plastic screws in the passenger dash the little cover popped off on top of the airbag but this happends a lot with these vehicles and the delaers repop it on for free I have the screws and it takes 10 seconds to do I will have it done when picked up (once again the airbags are good and no lights are on. ** this car took a 10 mph rolling hit not a accident.)
cracks me up. Sure does happen a lot with these vehicles... when the passenger airbag deploys. I've never heard of the airbag clips popping without the bag going off or someone pulling them off to remove the cover/dash/etc... Dealers repop (sic) it on for free, ha ha... funny.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
If you really need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get into a bargain basement Lotus just to be in the club, this might work for you at the low twenty range.

Personally, I prefer to pay a little more for a good condition one without missing parts and problems. Never was one to buy a salvage car just to save some money to get into a car that I couldn't afford otherwise.

You want in, buy a good one and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with paying a little more for one without problems, but this just kinda popped up for sale in my town and I thought I'd investigate it being as I've never had the opportunity to check one out or ever seen one locally.

I'm going to pass on it, the dude said I can't come check it out! LOL... He's definitely not hiding anything, huh?

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's a salvage title. I wouldn't pay more than 10 thousand if that and there are no pics of the passenger front end.
All you have to do is have patience, watch, and wait. There have been better ones on here with less miles and not sold as salvage. You may have to travel a bit to get it but then it's even better when you drive home.
I waited and looked for about 6 months before getting my Exige in the UK and then driving back to Germany was one of the best times I have had in my Lotus (lots of looks and stuff lol).
Good luck and the right one will show up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's a salvage title. I wouldn't pay more than 10 thousand if that and there are no pics of the passenger front end.
All you have to do is have patience, watch, and wait. There have been better ones on here with less miles and not sold as salvage. You may have to travel a bit to get it but then it's even better when you drive home.
I waited and looked for about 6 months before getting my Exige in the UK and then driving back to Germany was one of the best times I have had in my Lotus (lots of looks and stuff lol).
Good luck and the right one will show up.
Agree. Georgia is a pain in the ass to register a salvage or rebuilt title car. The inspections are a very expensive and time consuming process. Salvage cars are track rats in my opinion. No place on the streets with tags and insurance.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
If you really need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get into a bargain basement Lotus just to be in the club, this might work for you at the low twenty range.

Personally, I prefer to pay a little more for a good condition one without missing parts and problems. Never was one to buy a salvage car just to save some money to get into a car that I couldn't afford otherwise.

You want in, buy a good one and enjoy it.

Exceptionally well said!

·
Registered
176 Posts
This thing sounds like it was in an accident. I don't really trust the seller, to be honest.
Save up for another couple of months and get one then. No sense blowing your money on a piece of **** when you can get a nice one for ~$5k more.

Would you rather get a blow job from:
1) An old, crusty hooker with herpes for $20
2) Kate Upton for $25?

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
This thing sounds like it was in an accident. I don't really trust the seller, to be honest.
Save up for another couple of months and get one then. No sense blowing your money on a piece of **** when you can get a nice one for ~$5k more.

2) Kate Upton for $25?
But you have to put it in context... where he lives, there is only the old herpes hooker since Kate Upton doesn't visit that town. Sometimes, you gotta play with what you got.

·
Registered
176 Posts
But you have to put it in context... where he lives, there is only the old herpes hooker since Kate Upton doesn't visit that town. Sometimes, you gotta play with what you got.
Or drive a couple hours and pick it up. Or pay ~$1000 and have it shipped

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
This

cracks me up. Sure does happen a lot with these vehicles... when the passenger airbag deploys. I've never heard of the airbag clips popping without the bag going off or someone pulling them off to remove the cover/dash/etc... Dealers repop (sic) it on for free, ha ha... funny.
BINGO!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mmm Kate Upton! Yeah I'd stay away from that car just on general principal, too bad it looks like it has lotus cup rims, those are about 2k alone right?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

2) Kate Upton for $25?
Wait. Kate Upton giving $25 blow jobs?? :crazyeyes

All kidding aside............I think Kate would be charging more like $60 for a bj. :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Boy I wish you could pick up a great one for $25k but even now during the winter this is not easy.

Agreed with all above. Pass.

·
I'll do it my way
312 Posts
Ebay listing quote

In case this changes hands or gets relisted with a different story, this is the current seller's description:

Goodmorning,

I have a beautiful car for sale great for everything a lotus is made to do there are no suprises with this one it runs and drives perfect, When Purchased new in 2005 it was driven by a adult female who never actually drove it very much. She used it as a weekend car only and cherished it until her hip age restricted her from being able to keep driving it. Her younger grandson was then given the car as a graduation present and he had it up until feburary where it was stolen and the thief allowed it to roll into a parked vehicle going about 10 miles per hour in reverse after realizing he could not to get it to push start he neglected to use the parking break and the vehicle rolled into a parked car. The original owner dind't want to repair it and she asked the insurance company to just write it off since it was a theft this allowed by the state. The only damage to this car was a broken rear clam shell and and a repair to the front blinker. the tire on the front also needed a new shock. Now after those repairs were done professionaly the car is perfect condition and never had any problems when I got it I got a brand new clam from Lotus cost aprox 4,000 and a new shock 650. and had it back on the road in a week after the parts came in. everything was professionally replaced and the car is in immaculate condition and ready for a new owner I drive the car every sunday for a few hours and it always puts a smile on my face. Only thing it needs to be complete is a new radio it has speakers the thief stole the radio the factory blankput radio cost 100.00 dollars new but since I never listen to it because the engine sounds better I left it out. Anyquestion feel free to call me 4342949118

Good:

Everything Works Heat/AC Blows good both function very weel

Clutch is Good

Engine Is Perfect

All lights and body are in perfect shape

Has a Aftermarket Difuser From DifusserFlow.com

Frame is excellent no damage (Lotus Tested) Maryland EuroMotorsports

All Airbags good No Check Lights on the dash

Bad:

A few small chips on back from rocks

No radio

Rear tires have about 60 Percent tread left

I need to put the plastic screws in the passenger dash the little cover popped off on top of the airbag but this happends a lot with these vehicles and the delaers repop it on for free I have the screws and it takes 10 seconds to do I will have it done when picked up (once again the airbags are good and no lights are on. ** this car took a 10 mph rolling hit not a accident.)

Also above the speed display the little Black Piece is Missing it cost 45.00 to replace or for carbon fiber 125.00

Now, the Autocheck shows a single accident reported in 2006 in GA. The Salvage title was first issued out of the blue in 2012 in Austin TX.

• Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
  • 08/23/2004 BLAIRSVILLE, GA 125 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:4670042367131) (Lien Reported)
  • 08/31/2004 BLAIRSVILLE, GA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 08/09/2005 BLAIRSVILLE, GA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 11/30/2006 WOODSTOCK, GA 11,250 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:4595063340035) (Lien Reported) REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 12/01/2006 GA State Agency REAR IMPACT WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE (Case #:06120009) SLIGHT DAMAGE REPORTED
  • 11/14/2007 WOODSTOCK, GA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 04/07/2008 WOODSTOCK, GA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:7385080986907) (Lien Reported)
  • 05/09/2008 MARIETTA, GA 17,267 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
  • 11/12/2008 WOODSTOCK, GA 17,889 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
  • 11/20/2008 WOODSTOCK, GA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 11/20/2009 WOODSTOCK, GA 23,191 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
  • 11/24/2009 WOODSTOCK, GA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 11/23/2010 ROSWELL, GA 30,445 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
  • 11/24/2010 WOODSTOCK, GA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 01/21/2011 PIPE CREEK, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 01/31/2011 PIPE CREEK, TX 30,523 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:01010040562152825) (Lien Reported)
  • 03/01/2012 SAN ANTONIO, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
  • 03/13/2012 KILLEEN, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:01410240964130043) (Lien Reported)
  • 05/08/2012 AUSTIN, TX 43,729 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:29727041035094148) SALVAGE
  • 12/14/2012 BLACKSTONE, VA 44,100 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE REPAIRED/REPAIRABLE

1 - 20 of 37 Posts