The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen any DRB Hicom news releases for at least one month. There's a SELOC article dated 11/15 which says Exige S cars still on track for first dealer deliveries by end of month - which of course means none have actually been produced. What's the scuttlebutt?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Haven't heard anything. I ordered my Evora about three weeks ago and was told April for delivery. That's the only thing I can really contribute.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The Toronto dealer seems to have received some new Evoras in the last couple of months. It now has 5 new ones in stock.

So it looks like Lotus is still building cars.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
There were 3 in the Austin dealership showroom this past week.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are some sales and marketing events coming up starting in January. The Esprit looks like it will make it. Trouble is we got so much more marketing with Bahar that the contast seems greater with the new owners.:)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to hear. I'll be watching. They've been running some lease and finance deals on the Evora in the UK, but it wasn't clear whether it was factory or dealer sponsored.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It would be great if someone close to Lotus could confirm if they are actually back to building cars.

Perhaps Bibs (from the other forum) might know....?

I'm waiting for confirmation on mine.....

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
It would be great if someone close to Lotus could confirm if they are actually back to building cars.

Perhaps Bibs (from the other forum) might know....?

I'm waiting for confirmation on mine.....
What do you mean? Of course they're still building cars.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I think you need to differentiate between US/North America & UK/European dealers. Lotus never halted production for the North American market and there might have been a slight delay for MY12 but that was only due in part because of the the IPS transmission which delayed cars until late Feb. of 2012. MY13's have been trickling in so I don't see where there was a halt in production. Again, maybe for UK/European dealers but definitely not US.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was only referencing the Exige. It does not seem that there was a stop on the Evora - other than what Abe mentioned - which probably had an effect on the US because of the IPS but less so than in other countries.

I guess getting in to the new Exige is even more difficult, based on where they placed protective foam on the blue car. above. But anyone with side sills already knows this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bollocks indeed.

The new Exige is the dogs bollocks and I want -but can't get one- here.
The Evora (IMHO) continues to be bollocksed up with a 'soft' nose.
Lotus owners are bollocking up the company and may drive it into receivership.

Bollocks , Bollocks, Bollocks :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
They temp skipped building dealerdemo and press Exige V6's to produce and deliver client cars.

Some cars where released last week.

Internal information
I love how they're reading the car of the year edition of Evo, in which the Exige V6 got joint first place (tied with the Pagani Huayra)!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read an article recently that said Morgan was enjoying its best year ever, as sales of its three-wheeler have taken off (remember this is Morgan so everything is relative in terms of size), but what caught my eye was the fact that they can't sell either the Aero or their classic models in the US because of the two-stage airbag issue. McLaren and other small-volume producers have solved this. Given the smarts of the Lotus engineers, and at least some financial backing from DRB Hicom, and the size of the US market, is it really conceivable that they can't figure this out? Put somebody else's seats and airbag modules in the d_mn car and bring it over! I know I am oversimplifying this, but still. Isn't their some Ford/Honda/Vauxhall parts that can be smushed in there somehow? It's not exactly like the current Elige interiors are ergonomic works of art. And, a little more weight versus the V6 would seem to be a pretty reasonable sacrifice. I think a lot of us would be willing to get a new Lotus, but a) you can't now except for an Evora - and I want a removable top; and b) why would you have in the past, when there was almost no difference between a 2005 and a 2011? A new engine would be a definite motivator for me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts