The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get an opinion of what you guys think is the perfect upgrade (No Lambos, please) for our Lotus' once we do decide to cheat on them.

Noble, GT3, stuff like that.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
For me it would be

GT3 RS in Green
Ferrari 550/575 in White
Viper in Blue
Lambo LP in crazy custom Green

Perfect garage.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me it would be

GT3 RS in Green
Ferrari 550/575 in White
Viper in Blue
Lambo LP in crazy custom Green

Perfect garage.
glad you put the LP in front of the Lambo, otherwise I'd be all like "Respect my AUTHORATAY!"

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Why no Lambos? The Gallardo is a great next step.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Why no Lambos? The Gallardo is a great next step.
You got to be kidding. A two door tarted up Audi S8 that is porky and portly is not a great next step, unless you like stepping in the wrong direction.

GT3RS or bust.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
You got to be kidding. A two door tarted up Audi S8 that is porky and portly is not a great next step, unless you like stepping in the wrong direction.

GT3RS or bust.
well the problem here going to either a lambo or a gt3 (which gets its arse handed to it by the new viper AND the gt-r, lol) is that both cars are considerably more money than a lotus.
btw...a gt3 is hardly a lightweight.

kinda what makes the elise so unique...nothing like it close to its price range...
most of the cars u guys are naming are double or triple the price of the lotus.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the problem here going to either a lambo or a gt3 (which gets its arse handed to it by the new viper AND the gt-r, lol) is that both cars are considerably more money than a lotus.
btw...a gt3 is hardly a lightweight.

kinda what makes the elise so unique...nothing like it close to its price range...
most of the cars u guys are naming are double or triple the price of the lotus.
I agree but please delete the "price range" from your sentences, price was hardly a factor when getting this car.
GT3 is a proper race car, lambo is not, GT-R (yeah, but I dont like Japanese made sports car and its bland within speed limits), Viper(maybe).

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I agree but please delete the "price range" from your sentences, price was hardly a factor when getting this car.
GT3 is a proper race car, lambo is not, GT-R (yeah, but I dont like Japanese made sports car and its bland within speed limits), Viper(maybe).
well la-di-da.
price may not have been a factor to u, oh affluent one, but to most people price is always a factor.
if price wasnt a factor, why dont all of us have ALL the cars we ever wanted in our garage???
how many cars do u have and what kind are they, mrs paul?

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Unless you sneak into this country and get on government assistance.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! All the mexicans are coming over the border, getting on govt assistance, and in a few years rolling Lambos and Bentleys.

Geez recently people in AZ and TX baffle me with their ignorance.

Only immigrants I see that drive exotic cars, are people who have come here, worked hard, whether in business or school, and made it on their own.

Save your govt assistance crap for other idiots who will read your posts unchallenged.:rolleyes::thwack:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Caterham

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I think I need a 4-door sedan with 400+ hp for the dd, and a real track only car.

C63, M3, RS4, IS-F + Radical, 2-Eleven, Toniq, FF, Sports 2000.

I must be getting old, because I want a more comfy (though still devastatingly fast) street car, and a no compromise track toy. If you can drive it on the street, it's not focused enough for the track. Funny enough, the track toy doesn't have to be that powerful to be fun. A formula ford is tons of fun with just 100 hp.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well la-di-da.
price may not have been a factor to u, oh affluent one, but to most people price is always a factor.
if price wasnt a factor, why dont all of us have ALL the cars we ever wanted in our garage???
how many cars do u have and what kind are they, mrs paul?
This is what Mrs Paul sez (I had to marry really fast to some lady on the street and get her to type all of this), what would you rather have, an Elise or A6? (same price range) or an A8 (A8's is more than an Elise). You say price, I say worth. I would gladly pay 150k for a GT3 but never for a Lambo.

If we had all the cars we wanted in our garage, then we'd be hippies (atleast thats what I got from that South Park episode)

I currently have an Acura, a Lotus, A Mercedes. And prolly looking for a Maserati in the near future. and maybe a Prius.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless you sneak into this country and get on government assistance.
Where is government assistance you speak of? I'd be very interested, I've been here about 6 years, now you've gotten my hopes up.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
This is what Mrs Paul sez (I had to marry really fast to some lady on the street and get her to type all of this), what would you rather have, an Elise or A6? (same price range) or an A8 (A8's is more than an Elise). You say price, I say worth. I would gladly pay 150k for a GT3 but never for a Lambo.

If we had all the cars we wanted in our garage, then we'd be hippies (atleast thats what I got from that South Park episode)

I currently have an Acura, a Lotus, A Mercedes. And prolly looking for a Maserati in the near future. and maybe a Prius.
oops, mspaul. sorry abt that.
a6 and elise are 2 totally different cars. thats my point.
and the point abt the money is that some ppl cant afford a more expensive car. if i had 150k to throw at 1 car, it wouldnt be an elise.
i asked whats in your garage, because no matter how wealthy u may be, (unless ur mick jagger or jay leno) most peoples car funds are limited by some number....50k, 100k, 200k, 300k? at some point price becomes a factor. that point is different for different people.

sorry for trying to be realistic in pointing out price. i assumed if money WAS NOT a factor, we would already have our dream cars thus making the original question moot.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm thinking after the Elise I will get the fastest Exige S thingy I can get.

or another race car. :D

1 - 20 of 89 Posts