The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having Charlie re-tune my ECU with a new tune and I am wondering if I would ask him to change my TC setting while he's at it.

So for those who can adjust their TC setting, what's the best setting for the track?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rotfl

Most of the time this is true. But with an open diff and 225rwhp on a tight turn, the inside wheel just spins and spins.

The normal TC does a decent job at making the car go forward instead of just spinning helplessly. Maybe one of the available TC setting does a great job, that's what I want to know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My 2-Eleven seems to work well with the traction control at the one o'clock position. I don't know if that helps....matter a fact it probably does not help at all.:(

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have experiemented a bit...

I have played with the traction control on my Exige S 240 a bit, both for autocross and on the track. Note also that I have a limited slipn differential (LSD).

I find it generally unobtrusive, not like some other cars. You can still notice it if you are paying close attention. I find it unnecessary while autocrossing and the LSD seems to have the desired effect on sharp corner exit. (It has the undesirable increased understeer on corner entry.)

For autocrossing, I have it set at 8% and find I rarely get into it. When I do, I do not get a sense I lost any time. Its effect is smooth and I do not feel I am pressing the throttle for more speed like I might with the NSX or M3.

On the track, I set it depending on the traction available. In the morning, cold tires, damp track, I will set it at 5-6%. Later in the day, with my confidence up and hot tires, it goes back to 9%.

Yep, I am worried enough about hitting something that I remain cautious. I do not turn it off unless I want to play....

Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts