The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a good dealership to go to in NorCal for warranty work. Unfortunately, all the relevant threads seem kind of outdated. What would be people's recommendations at this time?

·
Terry
2,215 Posts
I still think Los Gatos Luxury is pretty awesome. The new service rep Fernando (if i remember the name correctly) is a pretty cool guy to talk to.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have one vote for Los Gatos. Is there anyone else with feedback? I think the other dealerships in the area are Broadwalk and BMC?

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,753 Posts
+1 on Los Gatos. I had my recall work done there and all was smooth except I told them not to wash my car and they did anyway. (Inducing a bunch of swirl marks.)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 on Los Gatos. I had my recall work done there and all was smooth except I told them not to wash my car and they did anyway. (Inducing a bunch of swirl marks.)
Hope they polished it out!

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,753 Posts
Hope they polished it out!
After that I didn't really want them to do anything further. I'm pretty anal about my car so I just polished it myself. But I can't really hold it against them... I think I'm an outlier in my expectations.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
hello
299 Posts
I did my oil line recall at Los Gatos. I also bought parts from them. They looked competent and honest and I would go to them again.

Ask them not to wash the car and certainly not to do the dashboard. I got minor swirl marks that I don't mind as much. But they sprayed the dash with armorall or equivalent and I had off gasing issues for a couple of weeks.

As Kiyoshi said, all three dealers seem to have their fans. I think Los Gatos and San Francisco are the same company.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did my oil line recall at Los Gatos. I also bought parts from them. They looked competent and honest and I would go to them again.

Ask them not to wash the car and certainly not to do the dashboard. I got minor swirl marks that I don't mind as much. But they sprayed the dash with armorall or equivalent and I had off gasing issues for a couple of weeks.

As Kiyoshi said, all three dealers seem to have their fans. I think Los Gatos and San Francisco are the same company.
I have an extreme hatred of Armorall...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts