The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like i'll need to buy 4 new tires for my new wheels...BOO!

The wheels are 16x7/17x8. I liked the price of the Toyo T1R but they get so so reviews on here.

It seems like finding a 195/50/16 is the problem...damn near every tire for the rear is available, but when it comes to the front there are about 3 choices..is this right?

My car has no extra power really, so I don't need any wider tires than stock I don't believe...unless I will need a different size because of the width of these wheels?

Help..it's dark wet and cold in here. :-D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You doing any tracking on them? If not I really like my RE01Rs for the street. Great grip in the wet and so far no issues other than a little road noise.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The RE01R's have been replaced with the RE11's and I absolutely love them. They even work well on the track for someone like me who is not a pro driver. If I get good enough to out drive the RE11 then I will just buy slicks. That will be a while.

With the wider front wheel just go with a 205/45 in the front. It gives you way more options.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The RE01R's have been replaced with the RE11's and I absolutely love them. They even work well on the track for someone like me who is not a pro driver. If I get good enough to out drive the RE11 then I will just buy slicks. That will be a while.

With the wider front wheel just go with a 205/45 in the front. It gives you way more options.
I thought the same about the RE01R's until I got a set of R888's on there. Night and day on the track. I have to say that is the best mod I've done for the track thus far.

R888's just wear too fast for me to drive on the street.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think picking out tires is as hard as anything in this damn world, hahaha...I feel like I'm gonna go back and fourth for a decade before I pull the trigger. DOH!!!

Does the 205/45 "look" odd on the wheel..a little "squished" on???

·
Registered
347 Posts
It looks like i'll need to buy 4 new tires for my new wheels...BOO!

The wheels are 16x7/17x8. I liked the price of the Toyo T1R but they get so so reviews on here.

It seems like finding a 195/50/16 is the problem...damn near every tire for the rear is available, but when it comes to the front there are about 3 choices..is this right?

My car has no extra power really, so I don't need any wider tires than stock I don't believe...unless I will need a different size because of the width of these wheels?

Help..it's dark wet and cold in here. :-D
I personally think you should look at the tire on this post...

Greatest Tire in History

1 - 10 of 10 Posts