The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good, reliable and quality car transport company (enclosed with lift gate) is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Any reccommendation? Horseless Carriage is great, but cost an arm and a leg (maybe just an arm). Intercity Lines' price is OK, but not 100% sure. Reliable Carrier, Inc is a bit cheaper, but not sure about quality and reliability. AutoGo is questionable. Any other reccomendations??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did call them and left a message with a receptionist, and they returned my call a few days (about 5 days) later... It did not seem like they have great service. If they called me back a few days later for a new business, I wonder how long later if they already got my business and the car is in their truck? How was their timing (pick up and delivery for you)?
Thx,

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Go with Intercity. That's what I used when shipping my car from MD to CA. They even gave me the cell number of the driver, so I can get an update on where the car is.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You might also try calling your local high end car dealership to see who they use. You might even be able to lower your cost if they happen to be dropping a car of at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Intercity Lines' price is OK, but not 100% sure.
Intercity rocks. They just moved 3 cars from my parent's estate to me, and they were very impressive. They were very thorough with their inspection, their rig was impeccable (clean, and solid floors so your ride doesn't get dripped on) and the staff is 100% professional. This trip the drivers were a charming husband and wife team. And they were hundreds less than others (Toledo to Hartford). I won't use anyone else again.

P.S. Hog Haulers is also first class, and very reasonably priced, but as of May 1st no longer serve the eastern half of the country.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have used Intercity and Horseless Carriage both are very good haulers, the latter is the cheaper one.

Todd :)

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I did call them and left a message with a receptionist, and they returned my call a few days (about 5 days) later... It did not seem like they have great service. If they called me back a few days later for a new business, I wonder how long later if they already got my business and the car is in their truck? How was their timing (pick up and delivery for you)?
Thx,
Hmmm....they called me back quickly, and called me during the transport several times....transport was just over a week.

I shipped my M6 enclosed...here is a vid of delivery:
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i157.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/plastique999/M6/MOV01577.flv" height="361" width="448">

·
Registered
37 Posts
did you search?

I just posted on a great experience using Cosmos who linked me to De Poise trucking (the actual carrier) - they were great! $1300 SF to Atlanta, enclosed.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
They are very close to the curb there...

I would recommend reliable-carriers.com

although I work for rcgauto.com

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
A HUGE no-no is to ever back a car out onto the elevator ramp without one of those big black rubber wheel chocks on either the LH or RH side of the ramp directly in the path of a rear wheel. :thwack:Just in case the drivers foot slips off the clutch or something weird should happen that wheel chock would stop a rolling car. An Intercity driver could be fired if that video ever got back to dispatch(and it was an Intercity Lines driver delivering that M6)
Your M-6 could have easily gone right off the back of the elevator ramp(BIG BADA-BOOM!):panic:
You get exactly what you pay for. Use a reputable carrier. A few hundred more dollars is well worth it:up:
I've seen hundreds of cars loaded and unloaded(work at a Porsche dealer)and never seen anything like that video:eek:
Raunchy truck and equipment = raunchy service IMHO:no:
INTERCITY all the way!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
FVMC hooked me up with Curves Ahead. They did a pretty decent job, ad the driver was very nice. I would use them and FVMC again.:clap:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts