The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Azure blue {much darker} came out on the V8 Esprits and is supposed to be very rare. Hot Wheels also made a die-cast in that color but it was only available in the 'multi-pack' Exotic rides collection.

The color combo on this SE is very sweet :drool:

Robert

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Azure blue {much darker} came out on the V8 Esprits and is supposed to be very rare. Hot Wheels also made a die-cast in that color but it was only available in the 'multi-pack' Exotic rides collection.

The color combo on this SE is very sweet :drool:

Robert
That is actually an 89 NA (non turbo) with Sport 300 body parts (front end and wheel arch extensions).

And no I don't think there are an North America Pacific Blue cars... but I could be wrong. Don't know why, it is a nice color!

Here is the V6 conversion that Punky (nice guy) did on this car BTW.
3.0 V6 Conversion - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love pacific blue. It is similar to laser blue. Which is one of my favorite Elise colors.

I've seen a few bright blue V-8 Esprits, but I'm set on an SE, or possibly S4. I don't see many bright blue cars in those years. They seem rare. That aqua blue S4 in this thread and the bugatti blue car that just sold on the forum are both pretty.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Yeah I was going to post midnight blue (I remember when Chris had the car with no interior), but figured I'd let you post it... ;)
Funny how things come full circle. I actually have been in contact with Chris Urban since last November a week before I bought the car. He moved from Chicago and now lives near Milwaukee. The car and I have history as it was the 1st Esprit Turbo that I drove about 15 years ago. It was several years later when Chris bought it and brought it back to Chicago. I was visiting relatives in St Charles, IL and they told me about a small car dealer off of Randall Rd. There it was and I took it for a test drive, also met Nuncio there right before he went to start Fox Valley. Must have been on consignment cause he would not budge on the price. Just a little over my budget as it only had like 7K on the clock at the time. Hope my parts starts to come in soon so I can start to assemble my engine as soon as the weather gets better. We got hammered by snow again today. Seems like a long winter.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Another point that creates confusion is that Lotus, in some cases, used the same color in different years but renamed it. There will be a paint code on a sticker in the front boot.
David Teitelbaum

·
Integrator
2,863 Posts
Funny how things come full circle. I actually have been in contact with Chris Urban since last November a week before I bought the car. He moved from Chicago and now lives near Milwaukee. The car and I have history as it was the 1st Esprit Turbo that I drove about 15 years ago. It was several years later when Chris bought it and brought it back to Chicago. I was visiting relatives in St Charles, IL and they told me about a small car dealer off of Randall Rd. There it was and I took it for a test drive, also met Nuncio there right before he went to start Fox Valley. Must have been on consignment cause he would not budge on the price. Just a little over my budget as it only had like 7K on the clock at the time. Hope my parts starts to come in soon so I can start to assemble my engine as soon as the weather gets better. We got hammered by snow again today. Seems like a long winter.
Cal,

Please clear it for me, you test drove the blue car, right? Did you buy THIS Bugatti Blue S4? Or... are you talking about another car?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts