The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hope everyone is doing great! So this hardtop is less than half the price of Sector111's version. Unfortunately, I can no longer find the one thread I found here with around 4 posts bashing it, but with no hands on experience.. anyone have a link discussing fitment/quality? Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think VIS's is fiberglass and carbon fiber, while Sector111's is all carbon fiber.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think Dark is right

ViS ( 100% Real Carbon Fiber )

ViS ( Fitment & quality guaranteed. Brand new )

ViS ( Plastic fiber bottom structure, super strong & light weight )

ViS ( New U.V coating, prevents harmful rays from sun, won't be faded )

ViS ( Direct bolt on, OEM fitment, just like your factory one )

ViS ( Double sided grade AA Carbon Fiber )

ViS ( Smooth rolled carbon edges )

·
Registered
591 Posts
every vis carbon product ive had was always fiberglass back, wet carbon front i believe. i never had fitment issues with vis nor seibon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well an update, i found an oem hardtop with all the hardware for a similar price. if it falls through, i'll gamble on the ViS roof.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does the top attached to the link come with hardware?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
*BUMP*

I have the same question as the OP - Considering the scarcity of a Starlight OEM top, I'm looking a the VIS carbon top as an option and would like to hear from anyone who owns one or has seen one installed.

I sent JMR a PM earlier today.

Thanks,

Joel

·
Registered
959 Posts
*BUMP*

I have the same question as the OP - Considering the scarcity of a Starlight OEM top, I'm looking a the VIS carbon top as an option and would like to hear from anyone who owns one or has seen one installed.

I sent JMR a PM earlier today.

Thanks,

Joel
IMO get the one from BWR instead.

·
Registered
226 Posts
For the Love of God please learn to SPELL

I clicked on the link to the 'bay ad to check out this top. Just sold my hard top and I'm not looking for another one, but was curious due to the thread.

Last pic on their ad showing the packaging material, literally verbatim, reads,

"This is the way how we protect your hood, hood first peck in a small hood box with full bubbles around every corners + top and bottom, then it goes in another box and seal tide..."

Hate to be a grammar/spelling deuche, but I wouldn't give anyone a Grand who can't even put a simple sentence together. Just saying...:wallbang:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts