The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
It doesnt look to pricey to me...

Its got what looks like a quality roll cage, a fire supression system, some engine work (I can only see intake, but a muffler is in the trunk-guessing more), those racing seats and wheels are not cheap. Would be willing to beat it has a lower cam change point. Low miles even if all track miles.

Then there is engine cut off and probably other goodies. If you were going to buy a used Elise, expect about 35k for a good one. Now add in all those goodies, your talking not only thousands of dollars for parts alone, but serious down time.

I like it, but it would not be a street car. What do you want from a Lotus?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm wondering if these are factory mods or not....

Is there such and animal...1 of 8?....if so, I can see the added value.

A limited production car is interesting to me.....otherwise I'd rather do the mods myself.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Yep - would need a helmet and be harnessed in to drive it on the street

Maybe this was a one-off order for someone, factory cages are extremely rare other than Cup cars. I agree with the price, this is a steal for the hardware+labor

edit: oh 1 of 8... haven't heard of that before

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I like it, but it would not be a street car. What do you want from a Lotus?
Agreed. Roll cage on the street? No so much, unless you want to wear a helmet everywhere you go...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'm wondering if these are factory mods or not....

Is there such and animal...1 of 8?....if so I can see the added value.

A limited production car is interesting to me.....otherwise I'd rather do the mond myself.
I'd start with your local dealer, call them and ask, maybe LCU can confirm its factory

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd start with your local dealer, call them and ask, maybe LCU can confirm its factory

Def,

Who/what is LCU?

I already spoke with the dealer and asked him to email me any and all back-up.

Thanks for the input guys

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
There were a number of cars set up for track use by a company down South, in Georgia, I believe. I think that LCU was somehow involved in having it done, and this could be one of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts