The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone know what the wait is like there? When do they get cars? Is the dealer doing markup?

It would be interesting to consider buying in HI, then shipping to CA.

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
In Nov. 2003 The Honolulu dealer quoted me $5,000 deposit and the price would be $5,000 over MSRP. So I went with Mid-Rivers in St Louis (MSRP & $1,000 deposit). The state sales tax works out for me and I get to visit my brother across the river when I pick up my car.
The Honolulu dealer has one Elise in an auto show this month. I have no idea what their allocation is.
RORO shipping runs about $1,000, containerized shipping is possible.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Re: Paul

CDubYa said:
What is "RORO Shipping?":confused:
Roll On - Roll Off. The special ships used for transporting cars, instead of loading them into containers like Lotus is doing...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Drat...I thought it meant row boat. I thougt it was someone just mispelling ROW-ROW. So I guess the cars will be here faster than I thought. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
$5000 markup

They had 1 blue metallic one red metallic and a yellow one for sale I believe all with touring and hard top. They insist on $5k extra .....

They also have a red metallic with touring and LSS as a demo.
It came back from somebody who decided he did not like it after 2 days and 180 miles and bought a Maserati instead.
I offered MSRP but they declined.
The next week JN (the dealer) had track day with some professional drivers. They went full bore on the track with the demo and 2-300 miles on it . just FYI

Go ahead and buy in Hawaii , I'll probaly buy my car on the maiinland after the hype calms down :);)
BY the way I'm looking for gun metallic TR & LSS no Hard top ......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts