The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need some professional opinions on what a car I'm looking at is worth. It's an '05 with sport pack, hard top, soft top, stage II exhaust with about 13k miles on it. It's in great shape, except it had to have the clam replaced when someone backed into it when it was in a parking lot. It's been professionally repaired and looks great... plus the guy is local, so I wouldn't have to worry about buying sight unseen or getting it shipped. Plus its in the color I really want. It won't be for sale until next spring which is when I'll be ready to buy anyway... so what do you guys think? Whats a good ballpark estimate for this car???

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
CertifiedCC seems to be the ( self-proclaimed ? ) price guru .....:shrug::shrug::rolleyes:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Not a pro estimate, but a ballpark one:

Between $31 and $35 thousand.

If it has 13K miles now, by next spring it aught to have MUCH more miles...

By then, $28-34 K depending on the milage

Just my thought

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
yeah.... I'd say 34 or so..... add another 10,000 for Chrome Orange. :clap::sheep:rotfl

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a pro estimate, but a ballpark one:

Between $31 and $35 thousand.

If it has 13K miles now, by next spring it aught to have MUCH more miles...

By then, $28-34 K depending on the milage

Just my thought

Mid to low 30's is what I was thinking as well. The car won't have MUCH more miles on it by next spring hopefully as I live in a ****ty part of the country where it snows for like 7 months so the car will be in storage.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Ahhh so, you'll be a new " LOONY " !! ( I'll be a LOONY in about 3 years ) LotusOwners

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh so, you'll be a new " LOONY " !! ( I'll be a LOONY in about 3 years ) LotusOwners

If all goes well then, yes... ill be a LOONY in more way than one ;)

I already met up with Tony Vaccaro at the Glen with some of the other LOONY's... can't wait to join the club :D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Mid to low 30's is what I was thinking as well. The car won't have MUCH more miles on it by next spring hopefully as I live in a ****ty part of the country where it snows for like 7 months so the car will be in storage.
That sounds about right.
the repaired clam is a deduction, but the hard top is a bonus
mileage is ok, but remaining tire-tread might be a concern.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds about right.
the repaired clam is a deduction, but the hard top is a bonus
mileage is ok, but remaining tire-tread might be a concern.

tires were replaced this spring, which is good... but they weren't replaced with A048's which is not good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts