The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yep, I've got something going on, but I can't remember what it is. I was up at South Lindstrom Lake last weekend.

Car related, this weekend? Don't know.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Whups, let this thread get away from me.

Yes, I remembered you're around there somewhere. Kept my eye out for a crazy green Exige. I had the minivan ... decided not to cram the kids into the Elise trunk due to the hot weather. I am such a softie.

Did you find somewhere nice to drive?

I'd suggest a nice drive around Superior (the Lake, not the city) or around Lake Pepin. Lots and lots of side trips based on lakes, rivers, bluffs, etc.

Speaking of the north shore of Superior, I heard there's a Betty's Pies opening in Lake Elmo. That may be worth a trip, altho without the long trip, would the pies be as good?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saturday we drove down to the Brown & Bigelow Parking Lot in St.Paul to watch the "Healey Gymkhana". Had a great time, meet some nice people, and both got a chance to ride "shot gun". After that we made a couple stops down in Cottage Grove, then headed back home.

Sunday afternoon we went over to Wisconsin, out through Tailors Falls over by Turtle Lake to a great little hidden bar we know about for a burger and a glass of Beer.

We need to get our Elise/Exiges together sometime! We were talking about hosting something up at our house some Sunday yet this year. Is anyone going to the Ellingson’s Annual All British Car Show on August 9th?

Whups, let this thread get away from me.

Yes, I remembered you're around there somewhere. Kept my eye out for a crazy green Exige. I had the minivan ... decided not to cram the kids into the Elise trunk due to the hot weather. I am such a softie.

Did you find somewhere nice to drive?

I'd suggest a nice drive around Superior (the Lake, not the city) or around Lake Pepin. Lots and lots of side trips based on lakes, rivers, bluffs, etc.

Speaking of the north shore of Superior, I heard there's a Betty's Pies opening in Lake Elmo. That may be worth a trip, altho without the long trip, would the pies be as good?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sounds like a nice Healey event. I once came across a meet of theirs at the Officer's Club by the airport. Really some beautiful cars.

I am familiar with Hwy 8 from Forest Lake thru Wisconsin. I'd like to know the name of the hidden bar if you can divulge such information. I occasionally stop at the Border Bar in Taylor's Falls, but more options are always welcome.

I've been to Ellingson's Museum up in Rogers before, but hadn't planned on the British car event. Thanks for the info, it's a possibility, but I am a chronic last minute planner. I blame the kids. :shrug:

·
Registered
417 Posts
:shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift:

Hi Jeff and Pamela,

I had the honor of meeting up with MnLotus, .........WOW...if you haven't seen his Elise...........MAKE THE TIME....... :coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana:

It is one Hell of a looker....... :evil: and the sound is S-W-E-E-T........ :evil: :evil: again...NICE .

I'm up for a drive.......But being in retail.....has to be a Thursday or a Sunday.

What can I say..............BUT LET DO SOMETHING.......everyone else in LT & the USA making us look bad.

:nanner2: :nanner2: :nanner2: :nanner2: :nanner2: :nanner2: :nanner2:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JSteffen;[B said:
Hi Jeff and Pamela,[/B]

I had the honor of meeting up with MnLotus, .........WOW...if you haven't seen his Elise

We met MnLotus when he got his car back from FVMC, it looked great.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I passed under Hwy 52 (Lafayette Bridge) on Shepard Road around lunchtime, but no, I wasn't on it. Do you know about where this unknown yellow Lotus was spotted?

Just curious, because I heard a report about a yellow Elise (not me) on Hwy 52 before. If it was early morning (8-9am) it might be the same person, and they might be a commuter. Never found out who it was. I think the previous location was around Coates.

Might guess it was PhoneBoy, but I think I heard the previous report before he had his car ...

... could it be a ghost yellow Elise?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was told around 7:45am, on 52 south of Concord, yellow with a rear wing and had "Lotus" in an arc on the back? It's funny how many people will tell me that they saw a Lotus. I usally think to myself "sure you did, it was probably a miata" and say to them "that's great" :), so I usally don't believe it.

I passed under Hwy 52 (Lafayette Bridge) on Shepard Road around lunchtime, but no, I wasn't on it. Do you know about where this unknown yellow Lotus was spotted?

Just curious, because I heard a report about a yellow Elise (not me) on Hwy 52 before. If it was early morning (8-9am) it might be the same person, and they might be a commuter. Never found out who it was. I think the previous location was around Coates.

Might guess it was PhoneBoy, but I think I heard the previous report before he had his car ...

... could it be a ghost yellow Elise?

·
Registered
552 Posts
When I hear "wing" I think Exige, but who knows. The description is correct but nothing specific, unfortunately. Perhaps your co-worker could get a plate number next time. :)

I recall a thread some time ago by someone wondering how a person with a Elise or Exige could avoid finding the Elisetalk resource. Let's face it, there must have been at least 50 (?) vehicles sold thru Downtown Jag from the beginning til now, plus a few from other dealers, and there can't be more than 20 or 30 MN users on here. Where are the non-joiners getting their info on the car?

Guess they could be lurkers. So be it. Yet the mysteriosity lingers ...

Just occurred to me the LOON group is prob wondering why all the MN users on Elisetalk don't join LOON too. That too is a mystery.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll tell him to take a picture next time!

Maybe we need a Minnesota Elise/Exige Owners Club TADTS

When I hear "wing" I think Exige, but who knows. The description is correct but nothing specific, unfortunately. Perhaps your co-worker could get a plate number next time. :)

I recall a thread some time ago by someone wondering how a person with a Elise or Exige could avoid finding the Elisetalk resource. Let's face it, there must have been at least 50 (?) vehicles sold thru Downtown Jag from the beginning til now, plus a few from other dealers, and there can't be more than 20 or 30 MN users on here. Where are the non-joiners getting their info on the car?

Guess they could be lurkers. So be it. Yet the mysteriosity lingers ...

Just occurred to me the LOON group is prob wondering why all the MN users on Elisetalk don't join LOON too. That too is a mystery.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, we had another sighting this morning on hwy52 south of 494 heading toward Saint Paul, sounds like a Yellow Elise, unless this was you MrBaker?

·
Registered
705 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts