The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, now i have had my lotus for about 3 months and just recently when i was driving my elise when im at light at idle the red light that tells u when to shift flickers it also does it acasionally during exceleration. when i hit brakes my headlights dim when i get off them they brighten any suggestions?????:shrug:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
1. Dictionary.com
2. if it is under warranty take her in to your nearest authorized dealer and have them check for a short for the shift light flicker, guessing bad connection.
3. I think you have come up with the name for the next gen Lotus vehicle - Exceleration !

I too have noticed the brake application = headlight dimming a bit in very dark areas at night and would guess that is normal, but the flickering red shift light at idle sounds strange.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
The flickering shift light is a common symptom of loose battery connections. I should know, my car did the same thing. Check both the lugs and the clamps at the battery terminals. It's possible that it might affect your headlights as well, as a loose battery connection might confuse the voltage regulator under load.

EDIT: The Uberpost is a great resource for things like this...

·
Registered
82 Posts
...3. I think you have come up with the name for the next gen Lotus vehicle - Exceleration !...
That's pretty kool.:clap: Wonder if HEGETMONEY for that?rotfl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts