1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
32 Posts
This dealership is very tricky and not very honest, especially it is an authorized Lotus dealer (Lotus of Austin, Texas). What they did was having an inside person place the last (winning) bid and made it legit by giving feedbacks and all - In reality no actual (outside person) won the car, because they did not want to sell it at that price to anyone. This is fraud and consider illegal under Ebay's rules.

If they sold it according to their listing in February, then why they still have it, especially the transaction and feedbacks were completed (???)

I was inquiring about the car that time, and they told me they had a buyer for $41,700, and if I really want it, I can offer $42k, and the car is mine - I told them go ahead and sell it to the other buyer ($41.7k)... I was not interested. Obviously, there was NO buyer! It was just a aggressive and lying tactics to get you excited and buy the car. What they had in ignorance was that those tactics were outdated for about 30 years now.

Be real real careful dealing with them... the car may not be as exactly described, if they have no integrity and ethics as such!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Do a quick search here.. Supposedly the first Esprits had a lot of engine problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This dealership is very tricky and not very honest, especially it is an authorized Lotus dealer (Lotus of Austin, Texas).
Thats the real shame. Someone should let Lotus know, if they care.

I emailed them and they said "the guy that bought it came to pick it up and bought a black Esprit from us instead."

Then why did he give feedback on THIS car? Scam.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
They did have a black Esprit that sold. I don't know who bought it though. If you want tricks, try your local Ferrari dealer.

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
I think most dealers are tricky...it doesn't matter whether they're tricky or not...you need to do a lot of study on the Esprits and focus on the condition of the car, the service history...etc...If the condition is not good or some service history is missing, walk away...run a carfax then ask the dealer for service history & more photos...if everything goes well...then pay $200 something for a PPI (pre-purchase inspection)...after that...you fly over & look at the car & decide if you would like to buy it. If any of the above was negative...then it's not gonna be your car...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yes, please elaborate more....

Oh wow- look at the seller's feedback. They had 2 different users each purchase 2 cars from them. I mean come on...who is new to ebay and going to buy 2 cars in a short amount of time from 1 dealer?

I do know they are associated with Prestige Imports in San Antonio. When I was in the market for a used BMW I called Prestige a few times to see if they had something I wanted. I told the sales guy I would absolutely not purchase a vehichle that has even been in an accident. He promised he had a clean vehichle for me. I got the VIN and ran a report. Not only had it been clobered, it was also a fleet vehichle as well. I have a feeling many of the cars these guys get are from auction because they had been in prior wrecks and have been fixed up. If you see the one buyer's feedback that bought the Saab, it falls in line with what I'm saying. His feedback was $1000 of undisclosed damage and is now suing.
Nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
since I still have to deal with them and they read this site, I'm not going to say too much until I'm done doing business with them. In general, I've had bad experiences with sales, service, and management. I'll be happy to tell you my story when I won't have to be concerned with "blowback".

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought a car from these folks recently. My experience was also negative. The unreported damage topic worries me. The question in my mind now is whether they have somehow gotten around Carfax accuracy. They were quick to give me a report when I inquired on the vehicles background.:evil:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hopefully everything will turn out ok, but I'm afraid if I were to discover misrepresentation, vengence would ensue. Suddenly I'm very glad to have factory warranty, such as it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts