The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the economy is in the ****ter and has strongly affected my life style. so in an effort to ride out the storm, i am actively job searching. most of these positions im applying for have online applications. most are painless or only slightly annoying.

this one im in the middle of now WTF!

first, if you require an attached resume why do i need to fill out the same information on the online app as well?

this system i am using for this company is just silly. ok, they require the resume attached. fine. then they require every job no matter how unrelated or silly it is to be entered. im 29 years old. i have to enter stupid jobs from when i was 19? i had like 6 jobs that year, non of which have anything to do with who i am or where i am now. further. the system has specified line for things and all must be filled out or it wont move on. a few things ive come across i dont remember. anyway. 2 hours on this app already and ive only entered 2 previous jobs.

its a catch 22. at the beginning it says i must enter every job, no exception will be given, for the last 10 years. if i fail to do so, any offer will be rescinded.

i tried entering information on my business. it wount accept it claiming "no such company exists" are you kidding.

holy crap. :wallbang:

anyone else have experience with this stuff? i emailed my friend who works for the company to see if i can bypass this process... boy i hope so.

:thwack:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My wife and I are in the same boat and were just talking about that. The test and surveys they require before you even get an interview are ridiculous- usually 12 pages long.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got to love stuff like that. I had a site recently tell me my last name was invalid.
rotfl

this is all crazy.

what ever happened to "fax resume here".... gezz.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Oh-yeah- some of the on-line applications are worse than being waterboarded!!!! :wallbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts