The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it doesnt apear to serve any purpose other than obscure my vision.

whats it for? anyone removed it? I gain a good few inches of vision without it - heck i can even see traffic lights now when im infront of them

anything im missing?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
it doesnt apear to serve any purpose other than obscure my vision.

whats it for? anyone removed it? I gain a good few inches of vision without it - heck i can even see traffic lights now when im infront of them

anything im missing?
I think it is only for decoration. I can't see the traffic lights either way. With the tops off I just look over the windshield as that is easier. With the either top on I have to lean forward.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Its part of the touring pack. I didn't take it off for the first few months, i paid for it why remove it. Then i got smart and ditched it, I can see much better now.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Its part of the touring pack. I didn't take it off for the first few months, i paid for it why remove it. Then i got smart and ditched it, I can see much better now.
No, not part of the touring pack. It comes with the hard top (obviously standard on all Exige), regardless of whether or not the touring pack has been ordered.

It's function is solely to 'finish off' the look of the installation of the hard top. Covers the mounting brackets and top to windscreen contact area with felt.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
No, not part of the touring pack. It comes with the hard top (obviously standard on all Exige), regardless of whether or not the touring pack has been ordered.
Yes, my non-touring pack Exige had it too.

I think it will also protect your head in a crash from hitting the big screws that hold the top on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As Patricko said, there for protection but also helps to pull down the hard top when installed from my experience. There was a thread before, one can easily trim few inches off the front but still leave a little lip to engage the windshield surround. Hardest part is cutting the fiberglass then can easily cut/sand the foam, then contact cement the felt back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts