The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was thinking about adding the Arch also but only if its possible not to drill wholes through the body.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
the same arches should fit the earlier Thompson bumpered cars.
I named my bumpers "Bucky" so I can't upgrade, I guess. :sad:

J/K

Ask JTRealty about drilling holes...I think that it is neccessary.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking they should fit all Esprits 94 on since the exterior doesn't change much,and with a little luck they are 3M applications,I'm going to speak with Jae today and will let the group know,I just think it would be a nice upgrade

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
I'm not getting your joke??? :confused:

Julian Thompson was the man who penned the S4 body changes, including the bumpers.
Yeah I know...I just never heard of anyone referring to the bumpers as Thompson bumpers.

I always remember the days of Beatlemania. When George Harrison was asked "What do you call your haircut" he answered "Arthur". rotfl

Later, a nightclub in NYC was named Arthur's after this anecdote.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I found a fellow who has a set for sale, see pic below, what all would be involved to put on my 1994 S4? Are all the parts needed in photo?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Those are the wrong flares for your car. Complete set for S4 or S4s should be 6 parts in total. I have a set that im thinking of selling.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Kenny,

I was just looking at that ad yesterday. Those are Sport 300 flares...they have a more pronounced shape and a far more distinct cutoff compared to the later V8 flares which are milder and more integrated. I think they would look hot on an SE (which is boxier), not sure about how they would look on an S4 since the bumpers and skirts are more rounded.

Roy

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Agreed, I am thinking no...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
There is a guy neaby that has a set that I almost bought but the thought of cutting my car made my knees weak. Crawled back in my hole...

·
Cal H
982 Posts
I found a fellow who has a set for sale, see pic below, what all would be involved to put on my 1994 S4? Are all the parts needed in photo?

Thanks!
They look like just the sport 300 extensions. The matching front canards are not in the picture nor are the 2 small rear sections (that fit ahead of the rear flares down to the sill. Without them the front transition would look a little different. Not sure how they would fit as the sp300 front & rear wheels wells are a bit larger. So the racing sp300 kit are supposed to be 8 pieces.

Ooops made a mistake the bold are the corrections

There are also a fairly rare rear section of the front extensions in this pictures also to go along with the front of the rear extensions.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
UMB, same company out of Thailand I bought my round taillight panel from, is now making fender arches. $250 + shipping. I have not seen in person though can say the quality of the rear panel I got was excellent and fit spot on. Before I pull the trigger a couple questions for the veterans here...

1. From the photos below can someone confirm they are the same as on later Esprit and NOT the uber wide GT1 version?

2. Were the wheels pushed out on the models which came with flares from factory in order to fill in the wheel well more?

3. Any other comments?

THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Those are the right ones but it looks like the cut into the body in the front and rear. The set i have goes over the middle body mold.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Those are the right ones but it looks like the cut into the body in the front and rear. The set i have goes over the middle body mold.
Can you post pics of yours?

Were they factory installed?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thay are not factory I beilieve they are made for the 4cyl cars 94 95. I havent installed them yet but I will post some pics later this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thanks! Info on where you bought them and price, etc.?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts