The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done a lot of searching, and I havent found an apples to apples answer, but im trying to find out if i can run a 16x7.5 et 35 in the front and a 17x8 et 45 in the rear. (Im fine using spacers if needed),

I know im probably going to get flamed by the purists, but if anyone could help me out, that would be awesome. Im running stock suspension so the car no lower than normal, and i am running stock brakes.

thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Those sizes will be no problem. Depending on the spoke design you will most likely need spacers for the front and rear. Plus, the rear might hit on the inner liners. Stock offsets are 31 front and 38 rear.

I'd do some test fitting before deciding on the spacer sizes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
Stock brake caliper is big. You will want to understand if spokes clear calipers too

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those sizes will be no problem. Depending on the spoke design you will most likely need spacers for the front and rear. Plus, the rear might hit on the inner liners. Stock offsets are 31 front and 38 rear.

I'd do some test fitting before deciding on the spacer sizes.

Thank you so much man! I really appreciate the help. Any recommendations on tire sizes? will i need to do slight stretching or should it be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much man! I really appreciate the help. Any recommendations on tire sizes? will i need to do slight stretching or should it be pretty straight forward.
Stock brake caliper is big. You will want to understand if spokes clear calipers too

these are what im looking into. The spokes dont seem to be too concave where they would hit the calipers, but like the previous post, ill do some test fitting to decide what size spacers work properly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Popular sizes tend to be 205/45 front and 245/40 in the rear but I'd figure out what tires suit your needs first then figure out the sizes.
What are you doing with your existing wheels? You could use those tires.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Popular sizes tend to be 205/45 front and 245/40 in the rear but I'd figure out what tires suit your needs first then figure out the sizes.

The tires i have currently are shot, replacing wheels and tires at the same time, Im sorry i thought that the new wheels were wider than stock therefore perhaps needing a new size in tire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sorry to revive an old thread but just was curious, the tires im hoping to run would be 205/50/16 in the front do you think that will be an issue vs the 45 up front?

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 205/50-16 is pretty tall so you might have issues with rubbing. If you are at stock ride height you might be OK.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
205/50-16 will rub an exige headlight bucket 100% even on the street even stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts