The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best size if you want to change to 17's inch wheels all around, by this i mean lookwise. also are the eibach springs available with this car without the sport pack.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Both cars come with Eibach springs but if you mean specifically the sport package springs, then of course you can buy them separately.

I really don't understand buying this car to lower it and make it look "cool" as you will quickly tire of it. Not sure if a rear wheel will even fit up front. I doubt anyone is specifically making a 17" front wheel for the Elise. If anything, you want to go smaller on this car to 15"/16" combo.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
newguy said:
what is the best size if you want to change to 17's inch wheels all around, by this i mean lookwise. also are the eibach springs available with this car without the sport pack.
I’m gonna get some marshmellows for this one... Ok flame on:D

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you are just talking looks, I think the same diameter all around will look funny. It doesn't matter if it's all 16's or all 17's, it will just be out of balance as far as proportion goes. The front of the car is really small and the back is not. It would be like putting 18's in the front and 17's in the back on a car that has 17's all around normally. Lots of car have this same small front/big rear setup and look completely normal.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I believe it's also done for handling and engineering purposes as well, not just to balance out the looks.

Mod at your own risk. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts