The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have one of my base wheels refinished. I just had new tire put on at and the finish on one of the wheels, which had some minor flaking, apparently peeled off in sheets on the installer's gloves... Lotus Waltham recommends RimPro, but getting the wheel to them and back a week later is a pain.

Has anyone tried the various mobile folks in the area; AWRS, Nice Wheels, etc.?

Thank you, w

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I haven't had any wheel work done yet, but if you need a spare wheel / tire for a week I have a base set lying around with decent Yokohama's on them (forget which type). I'd lend ya one for a week or two if needed. :) The '08SC wheels I have on the car could use some lovin' by a wheel guy though.. Some rock chips and scratches that I could live without. I have seen those mobile wheel repair guys at places like the Audi dealer in Wellesley, so they must at least be good enough to repair OEM wheels on new dealer cars? I've heard they do decent work, but don't have a recommendation for any in particular..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I talked to both and will give Wheel Dynamix a try. The local indy Porsche guy we use recommends him and Natick is much more convenient that Tewksbury.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
They're right down the road from me. :) Had them quote the clear film installation for me, seems like a great place. Could barely see the stuff on the Acura SUV they were doing. They seem to take some pride in their work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts