The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm flaring my car and need to purchase a set of wheel spacers to push the stock wheels out, the ideal size would be 25MM all around. Does anyone have any recommendations as to a brand and where to buy them from. I've also heard that the aluminum ones tend to get loose when they heat up, is this accurate? I have done some Google searches but can find an Elise specific application, yet I've seen some members with stock wheels on wide body cars, Please help. Thanks in advance,
-Will

·
Registered
90 Posts
look up shawn c
check with shawn c.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I've also heard that the aluminum ones tend to get loose when they heat up, is this accurate?
Have not heard (nor experienced) that. I run spacers on with my track tires and I've never had an issue. Of course I do re-torque my bolts during a day at the track.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard this from several local wheel retailers, I've also heard from many members on here what you're saying that they have no issues with spacers, even after tracking the car. I'm not planning on tracking the car so putting extreme stress on the spacer will not be not an issue. Fitment and size are my concern, thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Rich you aren't running an inch of spacer!!!

It is conceivable that in inch of aluminum might expand, stretching the lug bolts a bit, thus allowing a "loosening" to be noticed after they cool down. I would suggest re-torquing the lug bolts/nuts two or three times after the initial install... meaning after each hard heat cycle.

xtn

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys I'm back. I've been looking at several wheel spacer manufacturers and there are several things to check before I can order the right spacers for the Elise. They are asking me for Center Bore size (67.1, 54.1, etc.) does anyone know the Bore size for a 2005 Elise or how to measure it? and can someone please translate for me the following fine print about cut-outs etc. the info comes from a Miata application since they use 4X100 wheel pattern. I want to make sure I purchase the right spacers,Thanks.

Note:
S9) Spacers can only be used with wheels that have cut-outs (facing the hub) to clear the stock studs. Please check as follows: original stud length (i.e. 35 mm) minus spacer thickness (i.e. 25 mm) = 10 mm excess stud length. The cut-out should have a depth of 11 mm.
S11) The centering of the wheel is only possible with the wheel bolts! Therefore, it may be necessary to do wheel balancing on the car - to avoid possible vibration.
S16) Mazdas have various wheel studs that are dependant on the model, axle or year manufactured. Before ordering, please check the knurl diameter of the original wheel studs on both axles. In the Eibach kit, it will include wheel studs with a knurl diameter.
S33) Original studs must be changed. Longer studs are included.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts