The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the lug pattern on the Federal Elise? Is it the same as Original Elise? If so anybody know what it is?

Thanks

(Lug pattern is spec for the holes and distances between each)

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
From the prototypes I have seen, they are not. The fronts look the same as the Euro S2 (I did not measure them) but the rear hubs are different. The rear wheels on the prototype were wheels off the VX220 (whatever it's called), S2 wheels would not fit.

I'd wait a few weeks until Lotus gets in the next batch of Federal Elises before ordering any wheels:)

Roy

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I wonder if the ABS has anything to do with this. Arent their sensors that tell how fast the wheel or the rotors are spinning?
Maybe this would necessatate a specific rotor or wheel be used with the sensor.

Does anyone know if ABS is going to be on all four wheels or just the rear?

I wonder if the new tires are going to be unidirectional. This means that we would have to specify which tire is needed in case we get a flat, since the front and rear are differant sizes too.

My friends big rig tire dealership sells Yokohoma's. I'm going to have him keep some spare mounted tires on cheap rims on hand just in case. Luckily they also do emergency 24 hour 18 wheeler tire repairs so I wont have to worry about getting a flat at 3AM

Anybody in England have trouble with getting a flat tyre? How do you change it if you get a nail in the sidewall that the fix-o-flat wont work on since there is no jack and no spare? Or do you just need to have a few strong friends who can lift up the car for you?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
S2 wheel specs are:

PCD: 4x100
Center bore: 56.6mm

Front wheels: 5.5J x 16 ET31
Rear wheels: 7.5J x 17 ET18

Of course the federal Elise may be different, but this should give a general idea..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I think of ABS is anywhere, it will be on all four or just the front (as >70% of breaking is done in the front). That's why on many cars you can still pull the hand brake and get the back end sliding without the ABS kicking in ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
pull the hand brake and get the back end sliding without the ABS kicking in ;)
As far as I know and on every production car I've seen the hand/emergency brake is cable operated and has no correlation to the hydraulic brake system. WRC cars use a hydraulic hand brake but it certainly doesn't have ABS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts