The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings lotus lovers,

I have been using Falken 615's on LSS wheelset for all purposes (occasional street driving, Auto-X and Track.)

I'm ready to get a wheel/tire set for the Track and Auto-X, particularly for the hotter days (which we have plenty of.) I'm estimating 10 auto-x and 10 track days/year.

The 615's have been good, but I'd like to find something stickier.
Here is my plan:

I will be using my Falkens for cold or wet events.
I will drive to the events on the tires that I'll be running.
I need the tire to work for Track and Auto-X for the hotter parts of the year.
I don't care too much about tire wear on the street, I don't drive the car much.
I definetely like black or gunmetal wheels, forged, with no polished parts, and centercaps available.

I don't really know the benefits of 15/16" or 16/17" for the elise, for my needs.

There have been a number of posts on here regarding R888's (seem like my best candidate from what I've read), A048's, and a comment about AVON R-A (which I cannot find any online info about).

For wheels, another set of LSS would be ok w/me if I found some nice used ones, they get snatched up quick. I'm open to suggestions.

If you guys that do the track and autox have some experience to share, I'd appreciate it.

thanks much

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a set of R888 for the street in stock sizes and really like them. I have autox them at a few events and thought they were very good. If you have to double duty the tires the R888 would be excellent choice.

I bought Rotas from BWR and Hoosiers from Tire Rack in 16/17 but have yet to run them.

good luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have wheel / tire package posted for $1470 for Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in Black, Anthracite, or Silver with 16/17 Toyo R888, mounted and balanced ready to go.
Joe
TheTireShoppe.com

·
Registered
606 Posts
15/16 Volk CE28n's and Toyo RA1's or R888's ...... only choice listed so far that meets your 5th criteria.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Tireshoppe, I tried using your website, but it doesn't work. I'm not able to put my car's info in to look up the tire packages. How do I know if there's anything left that will fit an Elise?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts