The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Evora 400 has two issues that the dealer is fixing under warranty. Hopefully I will get it back tomorrow.

First the clear coat was separating from the black painted wheels causing it to look gray in spots. Lotus approved the dealer to powder coat them.

Second issue was the drivers seat leather that kept untucking. The clips, which were previously repaired under warranty, didn’t hold the leather in place. Turns out the channel the clips and leather fit into was broken so Lotus is replacing the entire seat. If your new clips still don’t work you may want to ask the dealer if the seat is broken.

Unfortunately on the way up to the dealer a rock kicked up from the highway and cracked the windshield so she is getting that replaced as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I got the car back and the powder coated wheels looks great. The leather now stays tucked in properly.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Did they really replace the seat? The leather untucking is a known issue and they either add clips or reglue, but it is not perfect. My dealer stated the clip solution tended to rip the leather after repeated use.(

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400, Azure Blue, Silver Forged Wheels, Premium Infotainment, Subwoofer, Cruise Control
22 Posts
I have the same issue. So if the clips don’t hold I will lobby for a new seat. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400, Azure Blue, Silver Forged Wheels, Premium Infotainment, Subwoofer, Cruise Control
22 Posts
Did they really replace the seat? The leather untucking is a known issue and they either add clips or reglue, but it is not perfect. My dealer stated the clip solution tended to rip the leather after repeated use.(
Who is your dealer?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The seat issue is annoying. I have not been able to fix it on my 17 400 even after taking the seat out when I did my stereo upgrade. I would have expected better from Sparco.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Guess those s1 bashers should acknowledge our superior Recaro seats! Maybe folks should ask for Recaros instead of Sparcos.

·
Illegal Alien
5,012 Posts
Guess those s1 bashers should acknowledge our superior Recaro seats! Maybe folks should ask for Recaros instead of Sparcos.
Some day if I get my ass in gear, I may just refit S1 Recaro seats into my 410.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Try Leatherique. They can definitely match it with a sample of material.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts