The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I`m looking for some aftermarket wheels (rota or volks)

But from what I see they have to be hubcentric...what exacly if that?

Are there actualy Lotus specific wheels? Would any normal wheel work?

Help me get this figured out. I need wheels

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know that much, but I was hoping for a little more info.

So there are no Lotus specific wheels? I can use anything I want as long as the bolt patern works?

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Yeah I know that much, but I was hoping for a little more info.

So there are no Lotus specific wheels? I can use anything I want as long as the bolt patern works?
No... that's not what hubcentric means .... bolt pattern is a different issue. Reading is your friend since knowledge is power. I know that you don't want me to spoon feed you this stuff. :)

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
OK ... I'll take pity on you .....:)

"hub centric .... means the center of the wheel fits snugly exactly to the diameter of the hub"

Go here for pictures ... Hub Centric vs

Wheels produced/designed specifically for certain Lotus model will not need "hub centric rings" , but nothing is wrong with using proper centering rings.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks.

So as long as I have hub centric rims. I`m ok, if there not made for the Lotus I just have to get some centering rings, and pretty much any rims will work.

I`m really good with the mecanical part of things, but i`m comming here from the ATV and street bike world. No such thing as hubcentric ATV wheels :D

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Yeah that much I know. What is the proper offset for the Elise?

Thanks for the replies guys
Stock offsets -- 31 mm front and 38 mm rear.

Issues with which to be concerned for proper wheel fitment ... bolt pattern, hub centricity, offset and width.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Besides bolt pattern, offset and hub centricity you also have to consider interference with other parts of the car. Some wheels might not fit over the brake calipers or the spokes might hit them in the front (depends on design). The rear wheels might rub against the parking brake cable (mostly 15 or 16 x 9 in back without lots of offset). Make sure you know the return policy before you try something new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts