The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Maybe...first quarter of '06ish? Something like that. Why, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was hoping for an exact date, guess that was too much to ask.

Well, I purchased my car in May 2006, I took it in to get the lights replaced under warranty in May of 08, they said, sorry we won't replace them, but we will pit these awful rings instead.

I was thinking if I could show that they were aware of the problem before I picked up my car and had issued a soultion, they should have added this preventative fix and because they didn't they should put new headlight surrounds in my car as well as the stoopid looking rings.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Thanks, I was hoping for an exact date, guess that was too much to ask.

Well, I purchased my car in May 2006, I took it in to get the lights replaced under warranty in May of 08, they said, sorry we won't replace them, but we will pit these awful rings instead.

I was thinking if I could show that they were aware of the problem before I picked up my car and had issued a soultion, they should have added this preventative fix and because they didn't they should put new headlight surrounds in my car as well as the stoopid looking rings.
I'm sure with a bit of searching here you could come up with a near exact date, but unfortunately, the embellisher rings WERE the fix. No one received new headlight housings. Those (like myself) who received the scratches before the fix could also argue they (Lotus Engineers) should have known better and predicted the sun damage. I guess the rationale is that had they been aware of the problem, this "fix" would have become part of the housing from day one and would not had been viewed as a separate bit. So, while cosmetic damage remains underneath, it's only cosmetic and will never be seen again. I mean, really, is there a difference between scratches you'll never see again under the ring, and a new housing with rings under which there are no scratches? IMO, this one's not worth the fight.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The TSB would give out the exact date. And Serebo1 is right. No one gets new headlight housing. My headlight scrathes were worst, but only paint and ring.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Lotus probably knew about supercharger installation of the 2008 Exige S240 when I bought my car in 2006. After all they had the Cup 240 then. They should retrofit my car to S240 specs.

xtn

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
One of the few...maybe the one. Were the burn marks beyond the parameters of the ring fix?
I did too. If I wasn't the first to have it done, I was pretty close. The dealer was completely unaware of the problem until I brought it to their attention and showed them what was causing it. Once a fix was issued, they had the housings and rings ordered for me.

Didn't take any measurements, so I can't answer your last question. Florida sun is probably enough said, though. :shrug:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The fix isn't "ugly" - in reality, you don't even notice it. I was at a car show Sunday, with several Elises lined up. I was pointing out the differences in the years, and one way was the embellisher rings. The people that had been examining every inch of the front of the cars, hadn't even noticed that some had the rings, and others didn't.

Seriously, the black rings in the black headlight housings look like they belong there. Get the rings, and call it good.

Oh yea, I only had a little bit of the burn marks, but they rings covered them up and you can't notice them even when you are looking for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts