The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone else is itching to drive just like me. Sooooo, I'm planning on Easter weekend to retrieve the Exige from its winter home. Let's just hope the weather cooperates.

Curious what everyone else is thinking. I'm ready for some lotus activities this year!

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
why put it away? That's what winter tires are for. The car is plastic and aluminum, and they made thousands and thousands of them.:D

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The winter this year constantly reminded me why my DD is all wheel drive. The lotus COULD make it through winter but why? After all there are 1087 (minus the totaled ones) other Exiges to choose from when some other idiot slides into me.

Nah, I think I'll keep putting it away for the winter. I enjoy being such a rebel I guess.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have the car scheduled for regular maintenance on April 9. So if the weather is good, I'll get it out then.

·
Registered
831 Posts
April 4. For further inducement you can get an annual inspection pass at Waterford Hills on Sunday the 6th. That will save some running around this summer.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
why put it away? That's what winter tires are for. The car is plastic and aluminum, and they made thousands and thousands of them.:D
They made a lot more Subarus.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Battery being charged as we speak...Leaving home for first drive since October in a couple of hours. Beautiful day in the mid 70s...

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish it was in the 70's. It's 36 degrees and overcast. There's a couple of days next week in the mid 50's but then the rain starts.

At this rate, I think that 3 weeks for the weather to be nice is overly optimistic.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Move to San Diego. The only time I put mine in "storage" is overnight in the garage :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
The way this winter is progressing, I expect I'll get mine out on about July 4th. I expect the lakes will still be frozen for the opening of fishing season (early May.) they were last year and this winter has been colder. -9 degrees last Saturday nite.

·
Registered
676 Posts
After the potholes are fixed and the asphalt remnants are brushed off to the side....in nyc that means never unfortunately

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Rained all day Thursday. 50 and sunny now

60 and sunny today

Translation? Right damn now!!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rained all day Thursday. 50 and sunny now

60 and sunny today

Translation? Right damn now!!

Is all the salt gone in Chicago? Seems like it will takes weeks of rain here to wash it all down.

Plus the car is in northern Michigan and there's still a couple feet of snow outside the garage from plowing.

I'm quite jealous swinglo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts