The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A warm true story from Yesterday's Festivals of Speed in St. Petersburg Florida.

A little girl and her Dad were admiring my car. I first noticed the two of them kneeling down at the back of the car with her pointing to the "Elise" at the bottom of the tag/license plate frame and the “08 Elise” on the vanity tag/plate itself with both of her arms, hands and index fingers extended and smiling, with the Dad taking pictures of this. When he noticed me looking at them, he looked up and said “she’s so excited! the name of your car is her name too!” That’s when I responded that the engineer that designed this car named it after his little girl who uncannily looked a lot like your little girl. They went ecstatic and that’s when I offered him the “would your daughter like to sit in it?” and he came apart explaining (after she got into the driver’s seat and was in a world of her own…) that she had recently lost her Mom to Cancer and he has been trying get her back into life. Only at car shows do I have experiences like this.
You can’t make this **** up…

·
Registered
144 Posts
What a great heart warming story. This is what makes the Lotus community so great and keeps future generations interested in cars.

You are a little off on how the Elise got it's name though. It was named for the granddaughter of the chairman of Lotus at the time. Her name is Elisa.

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are a little off on how the Elise got it's name though. It was named for the granddaughter of the chairman of Lotus at the time. Her name is Elisa.
So noted. That's all I could come up with at the moment.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Awesome story! These kind of stories always gives me the feels. Thanks for sharing.

·
MY11 Evora S
940 Posts
When I go to car shows, I make it a point to let little kids sit in the car. You did a great thing!

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I go to car shows, I make it a point to let little kids sit in the car. You did a great thing!
Kudos for this! I do the same. If someone shows a lot of interest in my car and asks if they can get in I usually go ahead let them (after showing them how).
A snobby friend of mine gave me and my car an 'accidental' dig once about this topic (background: I sent him a pict of me in my Elise the day I bought it and he didn't realize I actually owned it) - "If people let you sit in that Lotus, it goes to show you that it's not worth that much. Try asking someone to sit in their lambo".
Proof is in stories like this from the OP that the 'worth' of the car is irrelevant. It is the experience that can be priceless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts