The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we went to an empty parking lot and 'imagined' an AutoX set up... I fairly well hammered the corners (hot in and threshold braking and then power on..) You most assuridly can induce understeer but quick tap of brakes and power on with a bit of a snap of the steering wheel will bring about a very nice power drift (aka power oversteer) and this car does it so well.. so yes it will oversteer but need to REALLY push it and is easily recoverable... AND fun!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry..somehow this became a new thread>>>

I was just responding to the question below about understeer..apologize for adding a new thread

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
try "post reply" next time instead of "new thread" ;) if it asks you for a subject you know you messed up.

what color is your car? Have you posted pics?

·
Registered
68 Posts
michaelTT said:
we went to an empty parking lot and 'imagined' an AutoX set up... I fairly well hammered the corners (hot in and threshold braking and then power on..) You most assuridly can induce understeer but quick tap of brakes and power on with a bit of a snap of the steering wheel will bring about a very nice power drift (aka power oversteer) and this car does it so well.. so yes it will oversteer but need to REALLY push it and is easily recoverable... AND fun!
Michael - I enjoyed the same parking lot during my Criswell test drive on Saturday. :D

I agree on your driving impressions. You can jump out of the throttle or tap the brakes to bring the rear end out some. It's all totally controllable and FUN!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool Carl...

only problem I want to stay longer but they decided to pry the steering wheel out of my hand:D The Criswell guys have been great to deal with and under stand that demo sports car needs to be driven like a sports car and not a Sunday grocery getter.

offroadr35...yep was a 'duh' move when I posted..now know what to do next time... engage brain before using hands :rolleyes:

I have only driven the Elise once...nice long and spirited driving and don't expect our (Ellen & moi) yellow Elise until about October (#12 at Criswell)...anyway that is way Tim said about delivery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts