The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With no dealerships in sight, short of a mirage, most of my servicing will be local or self. What should we expect in terms of timing for a shop manual to be available to the general public?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Good question! I don't think we'll have to wait too long. Whoever they have do the manuals probably hasn't had a whole lot of work lately, and the changes to the manual to cover the US car also apply to the new 111R in the UK, so they're probably working on it already.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think Stefan in germany already bought the 'updates' to the Elise service manual for all the Toyota related bits, so they are already availabe.

I still need to order the updates for mine.

The service manual and parts list will probably be shared between all models, so once you buy an up-to-date version from Lotus you get all the information on the older cars too.

Lotus brings out updates/supplements about twice a year or so, which you can order as well to keep your documentation 'fresh'.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Arno said:
I think Stefan in germany already bought the 'updates' to the Elise service manual for all the Toyota related bits, so they are already availabe.

yes, I did buy the type 120 manuals - which by now was a big mistake:
B120T0327J ENGINE REPAIR MANUAL (1) 97,40 €
C120T0327J ENGINE REPAIR MANUAL (2) 48,91 €
D120T0327J TRANSMISSION REPAIR MANUAL 29,27 €
These are all genuine TOYOTA manuals on the engine and gearbox dated Oct 99 and Oct 2001 ! No single mention of any parts or tricks Lotus did to the components. Quite pointless getting them through Lotus, I presume you can get them a lot cheaper through a Toyota dealer.

A120T0325J SERVICE PARTS LIST 159,18 €
A120T0327J SERVICE NOTES 178,06 €
A120T0328L LABOUR TIMES SCHEDULE 55,68 €
These manuals are for the Euro-Spec Toyota-Elise and Exige. They are on back order right now. Maybe Lotus will not release them before they ship the first customer cars ? My dealer however told me that he is awaiting them (i.e. the manuals *g*) in the next parts shipment, so maybe Monday will be the day...

The service manual and parts list will probably be shared between all models, so once you buy an up-to-date version from Lotus you get all the information on the older cars too.
no - I suppose that the Federal Elise will get her "own" manuals, the "121" series, as typ no. "121" specs the US bits and the first "121" bits are listed in the Lotus parts list (did you know the US Elise gets a different ECU - A121E0001F ECM-ELISE (NORTH AMERICA) 943,22 €) . But most definitely the "120" manuals could be a interesting read for all waiting list people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts