The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an S model, nice driver but way to slow, but nothing like it (need the rear seats). This GT seems to be in another league than an S, 3.8s 0-60, not outrageous but respectable enough that a ford mustang doesn't blow by you. I don't really want to lose 15-$20k in depreciation in a year and lotus usually starts to give reasonable discounts.

There doesn't seem to be much talk about the GT, why?

·
Registered
585 Posts
There is a 40 page thread about It, to start with. 2020 Lotus Evora GT

There have been reports of some discounts, but nothing approaching the discounts on the 2017s when Lotus had dealer incentive going.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Had an S model, nice driver but way to slow, but nothing like it (need the rear seats). This GT seems to be in another league than an S, 3.8s 0-60, not outrageous but respectable enough that a ford mustang doesn't blow by you. I don't really want to lose 15-$20k in depreciation in a year and lotus usually starts to give reasonable discounts.

On track, I routinely ate laguna secas FYI. That weight just doesn't corner. Give them the car lengths then drive up under their ass in the first corner. Sends the message and the point byes follow shortly thereafter..Several times btw, not just one driver.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Since the GT comes with features that would have been options on previous year models and at a lower price point, I doubt they will be giving them away any time soon. The brand is always a side line to dealers who pay the bills selling Astin Martin, Maserati, Jaguar etc. and would at most have a few Evoras on the lot. I don't expect to see a 2021 model to replace/devalue it either. Jump on a new old stock car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Since the GT comes with features that would have been options on previous year models and at a lower price point, I doubt they will be giving them away any time soon. The brand is always a side line to dealers who pay the bills selling Astin Martin, Maserati, Jaguar etc. and would at most have a few Evoras on the lot. I don't expect to see a 2021 model to replace/devalue it either. Jump on a new old stock car.
agree the GT is more car for less vs the 400. I would think similar GT discounts will not occur until the GT’s replacement comes along which some state is 2022

i believe you can order a 2021 GT now, can’t recall if I read that on this forum somewhere or on another Lotus forum.

I wouldn’t say always a side line, probably +95% of the time! Lol....

I have been offered $10k off a new GT

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Other then a few hp and lighter rear bumper? and the other minor cosmetics what does the GT have the 400 doesn't?

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Just a few body panels and HP bump. Take the weight out via CF packages and every bit as quick in a CF'd 400 v a glass GT

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mods including the wheel well vents and revised rear increased downforce substantially if that's important to you.

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Mods including the wheel well vents and revised rear increased downforce substantially if that's important to you.
Rear downforce only with etc duck tail option. In reality the GT is a configurable car, base its a 400 with a few trim bits and undated tune at a slightly better price point, while the top end can be configured as a 410 sport/GT430 hybrid, again at a better price point that the 410 Sport sold at.

Reactions: GatorMS_Sales

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts
I don't really think the GT is so much better as a deal. I find it hard to compare them directly since the GT is a trim with features that weren't available (in this country at least) in 2017 and was "sort of half available" in 2018 if one wanted all the CF bits that they made optional. It's at a better price point (mainly than the 2018) IF you want the CF and appreciate the other changes such as the interior and aero (which I do). On an absolute basis though, the 400 (especially the 17s) cost considerably less but like all the variants on the 400 theme, the GT and 400 are more alike than different. New 400s were going routinely for about $75K (or less if you were willing to compromise you notion of "new" and the option list) with reports of cheaper ones during the desperate moments for Lotus. While those days are over and not likely to return, the GT is more expensive by the pound and I think will stay that way. I don't think you get all that much more for less money with the GT. You get more and you pay a bit more for the goodies bundle but not for the car.

I think the GT is a bargain compared to the 430 and certainly compared to the various 410 trims , but the 400 makes a strong case for itself if you really want the most for the least. I'll stand by that.

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
I don't really think the GT is so much better as a deal. I find it hard to compare them directly since the GT is a trim with features that weren't available (in this country at least) in 2017 and was "sort of half available" in 2018 if one wanted all the CF bits that they made optional. It's at a better price point (mainly than the 2018) IF you want the CF and appreciate the other changes such as the interior. On an absolute basis the 400 (especially the 17s) costs considerably less but like all the variants on the 400 theme, the GT doesn't stray very far from the basic bones. New 400s were going routinely for about $75K (or less if you were willing to compromise you notion of "new" and the option list) with reports of cheaper ones during the desperate moments for Lotus. While those days are over and not likely to return, the GT is more expensive by the pound and I think will stay that way. I don't think you get all that much more for less money with the GT. You get more and you pay a bit more for the goodies bundle but not for the car.

I'd say it's a bargain compared to the 430 and certainly compared to the various 410 trims but the 400 makes a strong case for itself if you really want the most for the least. I'll stand by that.
I was solely talking List Price not actual market price, Lotus slightly lowered the list on the entry GT but also reduced the level of heavy rebates/discounting too.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Julian...Heavy??? so not Lotus.... hehe

Reactions: Julian73

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Julian...Heavy??? so not Lotus.... hehe
lol. .. well not rebates to public a sUS companies like to call them, but some 15/20k incentives back to dealers

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
When to expect discounts on the GT's in about 2022 when the Type 131 is hitting our shores.

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts
I was solely talking List Price not actual market price, Lotus slightly lowered the list on the entry GT but also reduced the level of heavy rebates/discounting too.
True but I was thinking about the reality of the sales price on the '17-'18 cars. The new cars sell closer to list making discussion of the value proposition relevant exactly because list price was irrelevant for most of the 400's sales history.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently had a chat with Lotus dealer and he told me that Lotus has just given him a franchise for free. We then talked about prices a little. He is the son of the owner so he got time to burn and so did I. One thing he revealed was that Lotus will give them significant profit should they sell ONE, and he only has ONE 2020 Evora GT in his showroom :). This in my opinion that "if" you have a great relationship with the owner, chances of you getting a big discount is HUGE.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recently had a chat with Lotus dealer and he told me that Lotus has just given him a franchise for free. We then talked about prices a little. He is the son of the owner so he got time to burn and so did I. One thing he revealed was that Lotus will give them significant profit should they sell ONE, and he only has ONE 2020 Evora GT in his showroom :). This in my opinion that "if" you have a great relationship with the owner, chances of you getting a big discount is HUGE.
What is the name and location of this dealer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts