The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone knows more than I do about when to expect the Elise you've ordered. I ordered mine 2/14/04. I was told a month ago that it should be built in December and ship in January. The dealership (Hunting Ridge Motorsports) gave me some numbers that I have misplaced. I'll call and get them tomorrow. I guess my question is; with an "order number/build number" whatever it is that I have misplaced, can I find out if my car is being built? I don't like to bother the dealership every month to find out more info but I am very anxious to know when the car is coming. HRM has been very easy to work with. Also I'm assuming that since I ordered my car long before the price increase that I will be paying the orginal agreed upon price. Sound normal?

Carl

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
If you have an agreement for MSRP, you will pay MSRP which is currently higher than when most of us ordered.

If you have an agreement for a set $ value, then that will be the price you pay.

A lot of us had to pay the extra MSRP. Kinda sucks but in the end the car is worth it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Depending on when your car was built in December, there is a possibility that it could arrive in January, but it could also slip to February. Mark Starr will be able to tell you with more accuracy than I, but he can only give you an estimate due to things beyond his realm of control. He understands your anxiousness.

Concerning the price of the car, unless you contract stipulates an exact price, and not just "MSRP", you will have to pay the new increased price. Lotus UK is charging Lotus USA $950 more car, so Lotus USA is charging dealers $950 more. This has been pretty standard and widely discussed on the board. Unless this amount is make or break amount for you, it's probably not worth arguing about. The logic here being that you signed up to buy a car for MSRP, and not necessarily for a specific price. It would have been nice if dealers would have honored the old price, but you are asking them to lose profit for reasons beyond their control. It's not your responsibility, but unfortunately this is how things turned out.

Hope this helped.

- J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts