The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004?

2005?

I might be looking at a Mazda RX-8 while I wait. It will make a nice tow vehicle for the kart.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Randy Chase said:
2004?

2005?

I might be looking at a Mazda RX-8 while I wait. It will make a nice tow vehicle for the kart.

<Monty Burns>
"Excellent Smithers, excellent"
</Monty Burns>

Yes, give into the dark side and buy a rotary!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be a return. I used to drive an RX-2 and my dad owned an RX-4. I liked that little RX-2.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... Holy Thread Resurrection!

What the hell was I thinking in 2002??? An RX-8 while I wait?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R100

RX2

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Wow... Holy Thread Resurrection!

What the hell was I thinking in 2002??? An RX-8 while I wait?
sorry about that :D

I decided to check out what was going on around here before I arrived and I couldn't resist.

but I've heard nothing but very good things about the RX-8, especially for the $$

not a bad choice at all

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
when hell freezes over. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
RX-8 downgrade

atyclb said:

but I've heard nothing but very good things about the RX-8
How bout 12MPG? That is what my RX-8 was getting before Mazda bought it back from me. I know, I know. Rotaries aren't known for great mileage. Hell I used to own a 79 RX-7. But 12 MPG is just rediculous for the RX-8 level of performance & its not at anywhere near what the EPA sticker advised: 18-24 MPG. Hell my pickup truck gets nearly double what I got on the RX-8.

Great handling car? No doubt. Affordable? yap, until you need to go somewhere :p

If not for this issue tho, I'd prolly never have ordered my Elise, so I'm not too bitter :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Re: RX-8 downgrade

astrlsrfr said:
How bout 12MPG? That is what my RX-8 was getting before Mazda bought it back from me. I know, I know. Rotaries aren't known for great mileage. Hell I used to own a 79 RX-7. But 12 MPG is just rediculous for the RX-8 level of performance & its not at anywhere near what the EPA sticker advised: 18-24 MPG. Hell my pickup truck gets nearly double what I got on the RX-8.
Wow, better than my Touareg. :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Re: RX-8 downgrade

astrlsrfr said:

Great handling car? No doubt. Affordable? yap, until you need to go somewhere :p

If not for this issue tho, I'd prolly never have ordered my Elise, so I'm not too bitter :)
writeup in autoweek on RX-8 this week. They reported mileage as low as 13 mpg too...wonder what a mazdaspeed version would get :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Re: RX-8 downgrade

ivan1 said:
writeup in autoweek on RX-8 this week. They reported mileage as low as 13 mpg too...wonder what a mazdaspeed version would get :D
hopefully get a couple spare gas tanks! was getting 200 miles per tank on my stocker. 210 was cause for celebration :clap:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
This posted by Franz on Puresportscar.com

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Delivery Date
Back to the original topic...
I called my dealer today, Ferrari of Denver, and got the detailed update from John on the delivery situation.
As mentioned above, he said that the factory did not have enough of the sport package wheels, which was causing some delays. They are saving the wheels they have for customer cars (makes sense) so many of the demos are being shipped without the sport package.

He was told that he would get his demo and 2 cars the last week in June. Then 3 in July, 4 in august, and 4 or 5 every month after that. I mentioned that some dealers were expecting 5 the first two months then, 10 a month after and he said he didn't believe it. Apparently they are getting a smaller allocation than some other dealers which he complained about. He was told that the larger dealers would get 7 to 9 cars a month during peak.

It makes sense to me, but made me very sad. Being number 43 on their list means I won't get my car till between March and May of next year. That is almost a year from now. I think I sold my 944 Turbo a little too soon and may have to pick something else up during the wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chris

·
Registered
712 Posts
My dealer woke me up this morning with a phone call asking me to order my car (I don't have work today). I'm number 39 on my reciept, but he said they had order 28, and had the option of ordering 6 more. And, that if I were to order now, I would get it some time around the end of July. :) Unfortunately, I had to ask him to call me for the next round of ordering, because I want to have a house to put the car in. There is no way I'd park it in my apartment parking lot. I didn't ask how many deposit holders he had, but I saw on here it was about 60. If they get cars at that fast of rate, they'll be done with their deposit holders in about 4 months. I just thought I'd share :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
are you sure you weren't having a dream:D

I can't imagine any dealer getting 28 cars by the end of July....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hehe, maybe he meant July 2005. Apparently they sold a few Esprits, but it seems a bit unlikely to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts