The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pick up my Ardent Red with Hardop I assume the hardtop will be fitted? So I assume the soft top and upper rollbar support piece that comes off to fit the hardtop will be included and in the trunk or ride home with me in the passenger seat, correct?

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
When I pick up my Ardent Red with Hardop I assume the hardtop will be fitted? So I assume the soft top and upper rollbar support piece that comes off to fit the hardtop will be included and in the trunk or ride home with me in the passenger seat, correct?
Jenn,

When you refer to the "upper rollbar support piece", are you talking about the whole roll bar cover that goes partially down the sail panels? If so, I don't think that is involved in installing/removing the hardtop anymore. The original hardtop used to extend all the way back, like the old soft top. It appears that the current hardtop just installs in the same opening as the current soft top. And, the car does come with the soft top regardless of any hardtop purchase.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris B, I didnt know that, I was expecting that whole assembly going all the way back to those "wing" type things on the back..so the $1500 is for that little piece? wow...oh well, it will match the car since its painted at the same time, and I like the looks so Im happy with my choice.

Thanks everyone who replied. :)

Jenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts