The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a bunch of searching on Google and on the forum and have found some pictures of them, but no actual links or places to buy them...

Does anyone make (or still make) a splitter for the Elise that looks like the Exige splitter?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for this. I know some vendors have been thinking about it. Build them already! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only one I've ever been able to find was from Esta, but their website seems to be down so who knows.

I just bought a stock Exige lip from someone and am going to see if I can't make it a bolt-on for my Elise. It's not going to be easy but I have some ideas. I will probably end up pulling a mold off of whatever I do so I can make the final lip as one solid piece, and if I do that I'll be able to make more and sell them. But don't hold your breath, I always have a big list of non-car projects so this will take me months at least.

The Esta lip I believe bolts to the front of the Elise clam. I don't want to drill into the front of my clam, so my idea is to add a flat bit underneath that extends from the lip backwards under the clam to bolt under there like most Elise splitters out there. The edge on the front will have some rubber trim between the lip and the clam, and the Exige lip license plate block will "hook" onto the Elise plate block so that it can't get pulled down. That's my idea/theory in my head anyways...

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's not the Exige-style Esta lip.

Like the car in the foreground:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts