The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BWR dont sell them anymore... Looking for 15-16 combo.

Anybody knows a way to find some Lotus specs wheels??

Thanks in advance
Pierre

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
sector111 may still have a set or two of SJ leggero's... and there was recently a couple of used sets on here... you might want to check in with them... if they don't still have them.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,230 Posts
What's the front/rear offset for the Rotas and our Elises?

Looking for Slipstream 15x7" and 16x8" combination in silver...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
if you look at rota they make a zillion versions of the rims. I do think i recall they do make 4x100 rims that are 15x7 et28 and 16x8 et34... i contacted BWR to confirm that was what they were selling, but i haven't gotten a response back on that question.

The other thing i couldn't find definitively was which rims have the extra holes drilled around the lug holes. I DON'T like how those extra holes look, but it seems the 15x7's (if that's what they are) don't have them so that's good... not sure about the 16x8's... (granted i don't think they're all that good looking anyway, but life tough isn't it)

Arnie, got any pictures of yours? I've bought some used in silver, but wont be picking them up till May. :nanner: :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
The other thing i couldn't find definitively was which rims have the extra holes drilled around the lug holes. I DON'T like how those extra holes look, but it seems the 15x7's (if that's what they are) don't have them so that's good... not sure about the 16x8's... (granted i don't think they're all that good looking anyway, but life tough isn't it)

Arnie, got any pictures of yours? I've bought some used in silver, but wont be picking them up till May. :nanner: :(
I think you've got it wrong, the 15x7 has the extra holes and not the 16x8. You can see them in my pic:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info so far!
I saw the following specs on an old thread:

FRONTS
Size.........7x15
Offset......28
PCD.........4x100
HB...........56.7

REARS
Size.........8x16
Offset......34
PCD.........4x100
HB..........56.7

Is it me or finding affordable, relatively light track wheels for this car is a real nightmare??:shrug::confused:

Like you guys, I still dont know where to buy these Rotas...

Pierre

·
Registered
123 Posts
just a friendly reminder that these wheels are not as light as they said. the front weigh about 14.5lbs and the rear weigh 17.5lbs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well said Arnie.

I'm not going to compete on the track, just lapping. The weight of the 15-16 combo was OK for me I guess... Lighter would be better but I'm not sure I wanted to pay 2000$ more to save a pound or 2...

I may have to do it though... :(

Really nice car BTW!! :up:

Cheers

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks for the clarification pics. Stock bolts work right?

just a point to note... even if they weigh exactly the same as a 16/17 wheel set, the reduced diamater will balance the increased weight of the tire for a smaller rim.

There are two components of energy for a spinning wheel and how fast it is to accelerate or decelerate, (1) rotation, and (2) translation... and they are totally separate components that must be added to gether for the whole picture.

The point is that a 15/16 wheel set can actually be faster than a 16/17 set even though it weighs more when you put it on a scale, this is becuase of where the weight is located in relation to making it spin... if the whole wheelset is lighter then you just get all the more benefit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts