The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Where Can I Get A Lotus Badge For The Back Bumper???

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  jac 
#1 ·
i took the cheesy bubbled, wrinkled, crooked crappy tape letters off the back of my red elise and it looks much better. you would think that lotus would not skimp on such a noticable iconic label like this.

in any event is there a possibility of getting a round badge like the euro elise for the back???

thanks
george

#6 ·
It's kinda funny to read this after the huge uproar we made a year or so ago when we found out they would give us a badge instead of the letters "LOTUS".

I prefer the letters, but would much rather have them be metal or plastic pieces rather than stickers.

#7 ·
I was thinking the same thing! Doesn't seem that long ago that we petitioned to have the letters over the badge.

I guess if we would have known that the letters would peel off so easily we would have changed our collective minds.

I guess the real question should be, why does Lotus make such crappy stickers? My Dodge Dakota has stickers. They look brand new after 6 years. Now if they could get my engine to quit knocking like mad.

#8 ·
I don't like the stickers either, but don't know if I want another badge (as on the nose) out back. An m100 blew by me a few weeks ago, and I was thinking... It doesn't look to be of the same scale as the stickers, and may be one piece. If so, the letters can be separated with a modeling saw, and the cut edges polished up, or they could be painted as desired.

Attachments

#9 ·
I don't like the letters, but the problem that I have with the badge on the back is that it throws off the symetry of the rear. It brings my eye to the center of the car and , therefore, makes it appear smaller, to me.

#13 ·
The letter stickers shouldn't leave any shadow in the paint if they are removed before the car spends a lot of time in the sun.

Thanks for the good news and your effort, Robert. Does your Elite have the lower-case outline letters that I remember on the Esprit? I always thought they were cool and appropriate for those early cars, even though they were also stickers.

#14 ·
Caps on the Elite. Remember that the Elite was Lotus's big move up market and Colin really tried to make every detail equal or better than Jag and Mercedes. Yes, even the letters. Unfortunetly , the letters were mouted on a flat surface on the Elite unlike the curved one on the Elise. What would all of you be willing to pay for a set?

#15 ·
wallabyguy said:
What would all of you be willing to pay for a set?
Hard to say - depends on how many you're going to make and how bad the stickers really are. I might pay a premium to be in the exclusive "plastic letters" club (sad, but true), but if you're going to make a lot of them (which I'd prefer), I'd rather not pay more than $40, and would be more inclined to buy at something like $20. That said, I've never been in the market for plastic letters - what is market value? ;o)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.