The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Sector111 has some, but I don't know if they're metal or not.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I sent the plastic centering rings with the wheels when he bought them. I got the centering rings from S111. Carl and I talked about it and he really wants some metal ones. The plastic ones I got were actually just a bit too tight. They wouldn't fit on the hubs of the car. If I remember my measurements correctly, they were about 0.5mm too tight. Did anybody else get ones that fit?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
My CE28N wheels were delivered from Aspec Products with the plastic rings. They were too tight to fit over the hubs. I got one of them started on the hub with the help of a rubber mallet, but I never drove it home fearing it would never come off again. I called them and they quickly sent me out the proper metal rings.

xtn

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
The plastic ones I got were actually just a bit too tight. They wouldn't fit on the hubs of the car. If I remember my measurements correctly, they were about 0.5mm too tight.
Mine were too tight also, but went on with a little bit of coaxing.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My CE28N wheels were delivered from Aspec Products with the plastic rings. They were too tight to fit over the hubs. I got one of them started on the hub with the help of a rubber mallet, but I never drove it home fearing it would never come off again. I called them and they quickly sent me out the proper metal rings.

xtn
do you have a contact there they told me they didnt have them for the 28's and the ones they have are plastic. thanks carl

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'm using the plastic rings that came with mine with no issues. I'm not using lugs however, but instead the standard bolts (actually BMW bolts).

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
do you have a contact there they told me they didnt have them for the 28's and the ones they have are plastic. thanks carl
I'm using the plastic rings that came with mine with no issues. I'm not using lugs however, but instead the standard bolts (actually BMW bolts).
I suspect Aspec probably has their plastic ones made with the correct dimensions now, if the ones Rich got fit on the hub correctly.

xtn

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have the TE 37s, and mine came with plastic rings (in Dec 07). They fit fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts