1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Here are the part #s for the euro grills: B117A0149F and B117A0150F

·
Registered
663 Posts
Your biggest issue will be getting the Euro rear grill... Sector111 stopped selling those. You can always make cutouts in your stock grill, though... or use the eliminator kit and see the naked exhaust.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,958 Posts
This is a larini SE exhaust. IMO the best looking exhaust for the Elise/Exige. Sector 111 sells them, but they aren't cheap. I waited til one came up for sell used on here and bought it. Like everyone said, you have to have the euro grills as well. I loved having a decat with that exhaust because it shot flames, like in my avatar.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Your biggest issue will be getting the Euro rear grill... Sector111 stopped selling those. You can always make cutouts in your stock grill, though... or use the eliminator kit and see the naked exhaust.
eliseshop have access to both grilles,spoke to Yvo and he said there was no problems getting them,i was going to do that zorst setup a few months back,but decided the centre out Larini sports was for me :)

Reviews: Rear Body to Diffuser Grille LH, perforated black (Elise 2) [B117A0149F] - €55.16 : Elise Shop, Performance parts for your Lotus Elise

Rear Body to Diffuser Grille RH, perforated black (Elise 2) [B117A0150F] - €55.16 : Elise Shop, Performance parts for your Lotus Elise

·
Registered
216 Posts

Bought mine used with euro grilles, but did a DIY on a 05-07 rear panel. Looks much better (and I didn't do a very good job on mine either)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ran in to an issue the dule exhaust depicted is not suitable for Super Chargers anyone know if a dual exit above diffuse that is?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I know there are people here that run the Larini SE (which is the over diffuser exhaust, dual tip) with a supercharger without any issues. PM MotoGeek, I think he has a supercharged, larini SE setup. Other then that, S111 says its not compatible.

It's still one of my favorite exhausts (other than the straight pipe).

Video of my old 06 in a tunnel

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Different diameter tubing on SC. Some exhausts already built this way like Larini SE 8in I had, some use the smaller tubing which is fine for NA motoers but would be restrictive with the SC.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You could try getting in touch with Jim Valentine @ 2bular to see if he'll make you one like the one I had for sale a while back. It was specifically made for SC applications, but I don't know if 2bular still makes it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You could try getting in touch with Jim Valentine @ 2bular to see if he'll make you one like the one I had for sale a while back. It was specifically made for SC applications, but I don't know if 2bular still makes it.
with jims customer service times ,his car will rust away before he gets the exhaust :eek:

·
Registered
420 Posts
with jims customer service times ,his car will rust away before he gets the exhaust :eek:
Yeah, there's that, and I didn't see it on their site the last time I looked either.

They're a good looking exhaust for sure, I loved the way mine looked. In the end, it was more trouble than it was worth. They don't stay adjusted very well, they always ended up "drooping" over time.

Mine was extremely loud too, way too loud. I've got a silent touch now, very happy with it. I did put a nice tip on it though to spice things up.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have that Larini SE Exhaust with a Katana 2, I love the sound especially the no drone. The exhaust I got had a fitting where two pipes meet and the installer used 2 cheep clamps. It ended up pinching the pip a bit and leaked exhaust. Make sure the installer users a wide good quality clamp. See my exhaust thread for images.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have that Larini SE Exhaust with a Katana 2, I love the sound especially the no drone. The exhaust I got had a fitting where two pipes meet and the installer used 2 cheep clamps. It ended up pinching the pip a bit and leaked exhaust. Make sure the installer users a wide good quality clamp. See my exhaust thread for images.
link to ulao's

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/exhaust-leak-237417/

I was told that the Larini was to restrictive for my VF supercharger.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts