The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I get for bidding on an Elise

Dear nxm150,

Sorry for the spam message, but this is a freakin' awesome deal. I just got my Elise on Monday last week and I'm in love with it. The Lotus Elise demo is for sale at the Bentley dealership in SF and if you're a friend of mine you don't have to wait for a year and a half to get it or bid on ebay. The dealer will deliver it anywhere in the US. Here is an email from the dealer with some info. If you want to know specs http://www.lotuscars.com is the place to go. It has the touring package on it which makes the ride a lot smoother and comes with a cool stereo and automatic windows. It's just around 2000 lbs with 190hp. Nice healthy sound from the mid-engine too. Please let me know ASAP if you're interested or know someone who is. The car is ardent red w/ black interior. Great for sports cars. ---By the way I do have our demo for sale now. If you know anyone who is interested in it is has 380 miles on it. The dealership wants MSRP($43125) plus $15K. Do you know anyone ? -----

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Holy crap! $15k over MSRP for the demo? That doesn't smack of good deal to me.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
nxm150 said:
This is what I get for bidding on an Elise

Dear nxm150,

It has the touring package on it which makes the ride a lot smoother -----
Well you learn something new every day. I didnt know touring made it ride smoother.......:huh:

·
Registered
327 Posts
nxm150 said:
It has the touring package on it which makes the ride a lot smoother and comes with a cool stereo and automatic windows.
YEAH! That touring pack (ie. carpeting) really makes the ride SMOOOOOTH. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
"GOOD NEWS! You don't have to bid on eBay and pay $5k over MSRP for a car that was taken care of by someone who loves it! Instead, you can be a dumb f*ck and pay $15k over msrp for our demo that's been redlined for 380 miles by a$$holes who could give a **** about it! This car is hot! Chicks love it! I just banged my secretary on the hood! Don't worry, you can't see the stress fractures yet. On the car, I mean."

·
Registered
788 Posts
Just tell him you have a business partner in Nigeria who would like to send a check and conduct a transaction for 20K over because _____ fill in the blank perhaps that would be enough ;)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Are you talking about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6312&item=2488091897&rd=1

$42,720 + $995 = $43,715 MSRP

and it sold for 49,600, that was a bit under $6K over MSRP

Seems speculation is dying now, so I don't know how he can ask for 15K over LOL

I found it weird that he claimed to have the car, yet he used pictures from an autoshow and no VIN # was given. Someone might end up loosing $50K for a non existing car -eek-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts