The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pondering what I would ever buy to "upgrade" from the Elise in the future... and I can't come up with much of anything that would make me happy - Lamborghinis included.

Every other car I can think of would feel like a schoolbus compared to the Elise. The only options I can think of would be a Radical or a Noble. The Radical would be track-only and the Noble would cost almost twice as much.

A 7 clone or a T-Rex would also be options I suppose, but the T-Rex is an entirely different class of vehicle.

Has anyone else thought about this?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Where do we go from here?

agent.5 said:
How about the upcoming Lotus Supercar?
Possibly... but my guess is that if it is designed to compete with the 360, Gallardo, Murcielago, etc., it will be a heavier car with more luxuries - just like the cars it is made to compete with.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Where do we go from here?

MikeAR303 said:
Possibly... but my guess is that if it is designed to compete with the 360, Gallardo, Murcielago, etc., it will be a heavier car with more luxuries - just like the cars it is made to compete with.
You are probably right; but liteness is in the blood of Lotus.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hopefully another Lotus. I remain skeptically optimistic that Lotus will be able to offer more refinement, power, but remain true to the low-weight philosophy.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
When you're at the top of the food chain what else is there to eat?

7, Ariel Atom, Radical, Ultima. You're looking at pretty much a race bred car that road driving was afterthough.

Or a Corvette ;)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lotus Fury said:
When you're at the top of the food chain what else is there to eat?

7, Ariel Atom, Radical, Ultima. You're looking at pretty much a race bred car that road driving was afterthough.

Or a Corvette ;)
Ahh, can't believe I forgot about the Ultima.

The US distributor is a couple hours south of me... I still have to try to make it out there for a test ride or test drive one of these days.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
I'd like a 340R version of the US Elise for sunny days and my regular Elise for every other day.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to have the Porsche or TVR as a daily driver... but I just don't see them as sporty anymore :shrug:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
he loves his elise

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Originally posted by MikeAR303
but I just don't see them as sporty anymore

Originally posted by Little Bastard
what do you mean?

Neil
I think the same as Mike, they are GT cars. There is a very fine line between a sports car and GT car, and both Porsche and TVR seem to cross is somewhere. Not sure what the real difference between GT's and Sports cars, but there is. Sort of like - did the deisigners of this car care how long it takes before my butt goes numb - if yes then it's a GT car.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Little Bastard said:
what do you mean?

Neil
I'm not saying I don't like them (I'd actually love to own either), and I'm not praising Lotus... but they both just seem too luxurious to me now.

This thread is useless anyway, as it was pretty much just a random rant by me - thinking aloud I suppose... but I was more or less trying to figure out what I'd get to replace the Elise. I'm not planning on it in the near future... so like I said, this thread is just me thinking aloud ;)

This car truly does f**k with whatever your previous idea of a "sports car" was after you spend a few weeks driving it.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
meat said:
The only way to improve is get a Series 1 car......

:D :cool: :p
I'd love to pick up an Exige or Motorsports Elise... but those would be track-only just like the Radical unfortunately.

I like being physically tortured while driving to work :p

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I'm not saying I don't like them (I'd actually love to own either), and I'm not praising Lotus... but they both just seem too luxurious to me now.

This thread is useless anyway, as it was pretty much just a random rant by me - thinking aloud I suppose... but I was more or less trying to figure out what I'd get to replace the Elise. I'm not planning on it in the near future... so like I said, this thread is just me thinking aloud ;)

This car truly does f**k with whatever your previous idea of a "sports car" was after you spend a few weeks driving it.
Hey Mike
I look at it more as, what other car I will have in addition to the Elise. I don't think I will ever get rid of it (unless i drive it into a bolder :huh:)
You are right the Porsche and TVR are more luxurious, they are more everyday drivers, but for the purest sensations I will just jump into my Elise and go for a drive. The Porsche and TVR are also more signs of financial success for me, judging by the prices of these cars.

Neil

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>I've been pondering what I would ever buy
>to "upgrade" from the Elise in the future...

In terms of a light vehicle with super handling at a relativly low price?
There's no argument; get an L39...

http://www.l39.com/For Sale.htm

:D :D

-doma

edit: This one has some Saffron Yellow in it... http://www.l39.com/side_view.jpg

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
...but I just don't see them as sporty anymore :shrug:
Mike, ahem:

or

or

or

:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts