The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been all over looking at brake rotors and I have seen many wonderful (and wonderfully expensive) performance options for brake rotors...

but where do you guys go to get OEM sized, drilled, vented brake rotors? The stock fitment, not 308 BBK rotors.

I cannot seem to find a vendor online that I trust to have actual Elise OEM rotors.

And I'm right in saying that the stock elise rotors are the same front and rear?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm under the impression that Lotus Garage is in the UK, no?

I'd rather not ship brake rotors (rather dense) from the UK.

Is there any place here in the US that sells them?

(also, $253.15 per disc is absurd for a single piece, cast iron, drilled rotor of this small size, regardless of the production volume. There are plenty of high quality two piece racing rotors out there for this price.)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I got ebc sport rotors , gold version. They are gorgeous and they work great. I got the red stuff pads with it. This was for the back, I haven't changed the front yet.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
And I'm right in saying that the stock elise rotors are the same front and rear?
Yes, front and back are identical, and so is left and right.
The stock rotors are non directional so the same rotor fits on all 4 corners.

And no, Lotusgarage is not in the UK but in the US.

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
I've been all over looking at brake rotors and I have seen many wonderful (and wonderfully expensive) performance options for brake rotors...

but where do you guys go to get OEM sized, drilled, vented brake rotors? The stock fitment, not 308 BBK rotors.

I cannot seem to find a vendor online that I trust to have actual Elise OEM rotors.

Firstly you don't really want OEM rotors - they aren't as good as aftermarket ones and they are silly money.

This vendor is a sponsor here - they charge $279/pr standard size rotors. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f205/brand-new-website-over-20-000-vehicles-applications-87277/

I'm under the impression that Lotus Garage is in the UK, no?

I'd rather not ship brake rotors (rather dense) from the UK.
You can get stock sized rotors from Elise Parts - Braking Systems - Brake Discs - Ultimax Turbo Discs for ~$210/pr... but they are in the UK so you will need to factor in shipping.

(also, $253.15 per disc is absurd for a single piece, cast iron, drilled rotor of this small size, regardless of the production volume. There are plenty of high quality two piece racing rotors out there for this price.)
While that is true Elise rotors are more expensive due to low volume. The good thing is that due to low weight they do last longer than you might expect so they aren't actually that expensive overall.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
See cheap bastard's guide to tires and brakes. They can be had for under $100 each if you look around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts