The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
I'll be doing my own alignment. Best way to go!

But if thats not possible, I'd ask around and see who you can find that has an in ground alignment rack. Not sure how well an elise can get on an above ground rack since its so low.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Yep.........regular tire shop !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
From the picture it looks like the Lotus has a bit too much "toe up". Yep, it's toe up fo sho.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Any day that kestrel gets a chance to post qball's car is a good day.

Never gets old.
Ehh...like sturgeongeneral said:

The gist of it is to spend the extra money and take it to a shop who specialize in working on Lotus.
Just emphasizing that you SHOULDN'T take it to some schmo down the street with a tire shop. Unfortunately Qball found out the hard way.:(

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Your best bet is to find a race shop that is used to working on performance cars. Doesn't need to be someone specifically versed in the Elige, if he works at a race shop he'll know how to take care of things properly.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just had mine done at Fox Valley after TJ put a Sector111 refresh kit on. I would never take it to a non auth Lotus shop.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
I go to a race shop that I know has done other lotus. There can be more to an alignment than the alignment itself. If you have rear toe links, make sure the joints at the end are 90* out of phase when they give it back to you.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Both times I have gone to the dealer...they know the factory specs and I've had great experiences with Ferrari of Denver every time. The cost is worth the piece of mind IMO.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
1st choice: V2 Motorsports. Phenomenal meticulous work, but since they're very busy with race-car prep you'll have to not be in a rush.

2nd choice: Auto Europe, specifically Charles. He has tons of experience and will setup the car very well. No corner balancing here though.

Not an option: regular tire shops like Discount Tire, et al.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I go to a race shop that I know has done other lotus. There can be more to an alignment than the alignment itself. If you have rear toe links, make sure the joints at the end are 90* out of phase when they give it back to you.

Is this to keep them from rocking? My shop did this to mine, but it seemed odd to me. I never bothered to ask them about it.

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
908 Posts
Yep.........regular tire shop !
Alignment rack is different! It's drive on ramp with either 4 post or scissors. Should be ok imo anywhere you can take it, just make sure the rear toe is .25-.35 in. The national database for some reason is .65-.75 in with Hunter, John Bean, FMC, etc.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Alignment rack is different! It's drive on ramp with either 4 post or scissors. Should be ok imo anywhere you can take it, just make sure the rear toe is .25-.35 in. The national database for some reason is .65-.75 in with Hunter, John Bean, FMC, etc.
.25 - .35 inch?

3mm total rear toe is the Lotus spec... that's around .118"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts