The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered the DL1&Dash3 package and wanted to know where people are installing the datalogger and the display, oh and the antenna of course.

Pics of the install would be most appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
JBS,
I use the traqmate, so i dont know much about the system you are using.
one thing i do know that would be universal for any dash display is to mount it where you can easily see it if you are going to be tracking the car.
do not put it somewhere that you have to take your eyes very far from the road to see/read it.
the pictures shown in the other thread with the traqmate display positoned as it is, is basically useless while on track for the display unit.

it really defeats the purpose of having a display in the 1st place.
I refer to my display every lap, sometimes several times each lap.
its a lap timer, with predictive lap feature, not much good if you cannot see it.
you also need to be able to reach it while buckled into the car. some of these have buttons that need to be pressed to change the display while on track.

imagine having to look in that area for your tach display.................? not good.

I would put it as close to your line of sight for the road, but not so that it is blocking or distracting from anything.
if its a system that is used as a tachometer/shift light as well, then make it very visiable.
hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts