The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ideas from forum members:

Where do place your GPS (I have a Garmin w/windshield suction mount)? Center? Driver's side? Routing the power cord?

Where do you put the radar detector? Rear window? Does the radar detector have to be hidden? (If the CHP sees it, am I busted?)

Zen Dude has mounted small zippered pouches fitting nicely in places like dash shelves and passenger footwell. Any ideas for convenient storage?

I gave up looking for places to put the refrigerator, coffee maker, dvd player and the wet bar.

--Hal

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I put the GPS (garmin nuvi) on the left of the steering wheel suction mounted to the windshield pressed all the way over to the left and down as far as I can get it. The power cord then goes straight down and is pressed up under the plastic sill cover and routed around the driver's seat.

That seems to be the most out of the way but still picks up a good signal place that I've found.

Don't have a radar detector anymore after my brother-in-law (MI state trooper) explained the cop thought process after seeing one in you car.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
bottom left corner of the windshield, so that the garmin is just overlapping the A/C vent - drivers left. - that part of the windshield is a little tough to get your hands into, and the glass curve means it may take 2-3 tries to get the suction cup to stick - in this position, it block the view of the front wing, and not the raod at all.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Top right (passenger side). The mount goes as far into the corner a possible slightly under the visor. Cord goes behind the seat. seems to keep the plug in the socket better (it tends to fall out). I have a garmin 260. I'll try it lower driver's side to see if I like that better. I have a hard time seeing the top of the speedo gauge and find the GPS easier to read and more accurate.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I put my detector between the seats (see signature for link). I'm not worried about a cop seeing it, the only thing I think they'd conclude is that I like to drive fast and, well, they're gonna think that the first time they see my car already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts