The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2005 Elise will be here tomorrow...super excited!! I was just thinking...there's no glove compartment right?? Where do you keep all of your paper work? And does the soft top fit behind the seats or is it better to store in the trunk? Any other "practical" tips for a first time Elise owner?? Thanks!!
Scott

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
So my 2005 Elise will be here tomorrow...super excited!! I was just thinking...there's no glove compartment right?? Where do you keep all of your paper work? And does the soft top fit behind the seats or is it better to store in the trunk? Any other "practical" tips for a first time Elise owner?? Thanks!!
Scott
I keep my paperwork in my Exige S under the passenger floor mat.

San

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
215 Posts
Soft top only fits in the trunk or in the passenger seat/floor, paper work in the storage net in a plastic bag if you have the touring package, if not I guess on the shelf under the dash.
Remember to remove the soft top starting at the passenger side and install starting at drivers side.
@glb has a really good list of things that I'm sure he will post.

Reactions: SpartansPic

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
112 Posts
See this thread for a very practical accessory: Bootie alternative

That will help (but not completely prevent) keep your trunk and there for your clam from getting damaged by stuff you stored in trunk.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
stock battery box has slot for manual and registration in the boot (trunk). I store mine under boot carpet next to battery. Soft top fits nicely far aft centered in boot; there it cannot slide during standard Elige spirited driving .

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I keep my registration papers in the trunk. Space is tight in the Elise. After a while you will decide to leave at home many items that you'd normally bring along in other cars.

I keep a small tire inflator and some fuses behind the passenger seat.

Between the driver seat and the sill there is space for a water bottle.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Soft top actually fits behind the seats. If you have the touring pack (electric windows and leather seats are the giveaway) then the netting behind the seats is perfect for registration, wallet, etc.

There are several different ways to relocate the battery to the firewall, and this frees up a TON of room in the trunk.

·
Registered
729 Posts
When I go to the track, we fit the following in the trunk:
  • 2 fold up chairs
  • A pop up tent
  • Bag of tools
  • Air compressor
  • Jack
  • Helmet
  • One of those stay cool food bag to keep our sandwhiches and drinks cold
Car is very practical, just need to learn to pack better

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a Sector111 bootie bag for when I need it. Otherwise, I bought the Sill Sack and put it behind my seats on the shelf. I have the touring package. Additionally, if needed, I have a very small backpack (one of those every day packs that are small and efficient on size) that I put behind the seats on the shelf. I keep my insurance card on my phone via my providers app.

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I go to the track, we fit the following in the trunk:
  • 2 fold up chairs
  • A pop up tent
  • Bag of tools
  • Air compressor
  • Jack
  • Helmet
  • One of those stay cool food bag to keep our sandwhiches and drinks cold
Car is very practical, just need to learn to pack better
What fold up chairs do you have that will fit in the trunk? I've yet to find one.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
What fold up chairs do you have that will fit in the trunk? I've yet to find one.
This is what we use for backpacking, and they pack down to the size of a thermos. Super comfortable, too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts