The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Aside from taking it to Gentry Lane, is there any shops that has experience on working on elise/exiege (know how to properly hoist the car etc).
Now it doesnt have to be lotus specialized shop because I know there is none.

Where do you get your car alignment? Gentry lane doesnt even have alignment rack..

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: Alignment

I use Bavarian or Raven (same shop). I know Steve and John from the BMW club. They have a good rack and will do a good job. Lotus is actually easy to do alignment on, except caster. :).. and they practiced on my car, already. Depending on what you want to do, I would buy a nice shim kit to take there.

The shop is at John and Warden i.e. North GTA.

If you want to modify your car send me a note. I am in Toronto.

Anton

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Bavarian or Raven (same shop). I know Steve and John from the BMW club. They have a good rack and will do a good job. Lotus is actually easy to do alignment on, except caster. :).. and they practiced on my car, already. Depending on what you want to do, I would buy a nice shim kit to take there.

The shop is at John and Warden i.e. North GTA.

If you want to modify your car send me a note. I am in Toronto.

Anton
I'm actually very familiar with the shop as I used to sport Raven roll cage on my bmws right up to my mcoupe.. Just did not know if they had any prior experience on it.

thanks for letting me know.

any other shops?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Engineered Automotive seems to be a good shop. I don't know if they've worked on Lotus, but they had an XJ220 last time I was in there, so they seem to have something going for them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
again, I'm only looking for the shop that knows how lift these cars..but thank you very much for the suggestion.

really, other than knowing how to lift any other mechanical repair isnt rocket science and probably even a most avg mechanic would be able to service..

so where do you guys take your car?

Engineered Automotive seems to be a good shop. I don't know if they've worked on Lotus, but they had an XJ220 last time I was in there, so they seem to have something going for them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: Raven

Raven did alignment for me. The alignment rack has special way to lift the car. They have managed that. I got them to align my Lotus. They complained a little, but figured it out. They did a good job.

My car was built at Caravaggio Corvettes. They know the car and how to lift it.

Anton

I'm actually very familiar with the shop as I used to sport Raven roll cage on my bmws right up to my mcoupe.. Just did not know if they had any prior experience on it.

thanks for letting me know.

any other shops?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use speedstar in markham. They replaced my steering rack and a bunch of other basic maintenance stuff. They also did an alignment as well. Top notch work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use speedstar in markham. They replaced my steering rack and a bunch of other basic maintenance stuff. They also did an alignment as well. Top notch work.
how is speedstar's pricing for alignment and engine oil change? Can you share the price?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raven did alignment for me. The alignment rack has special way to lift the car. They have managed that. I got them to align my Lotus. They complained a little, but figured it out. They did a good job.

My car was built at Caravaggio Corvettes. They know the car and how to lift it.

Anton
What do you mean your car was caravaggio corvettes?

thought they only worked on corvettes..

·
Registered
165 Posts
how is speedstar's pricing for alignment and engine oil change? Can you share the price?
Hi don't remember exactly, but from what I remember, the oil change was $150 or so with synthetic? Nothing particularly cheaper than gentry lane, but speedstars hours and location is much more convenient to me. Most important of all is that I trust their work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts