The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for not visiting ET that much after selling my car, but this has really started to bother me. I live in Miami and before I used to see an elise or exige several times a week, sometimes, on a daily basis. Recently, however, they seem to have disappeared. In the last two/three months, I don't think I've seen even one! Has anyone noticed a similar occurrence in other parts of the country? Is there a conspiracy going on that I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I've seen a lot around Roswell. Coincidence, I don't think so!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lotus Elise New to my stable

I recently picked up a 2006 Lotus Elise. Love the car even though it is the slowest thing in my garage.
Glasair TD1 245 mph
Thorp T-18 180 mph
Lotus Elise 130 mph

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
There is a secret group that is buying them up and shipping them out of the country. -eek-

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
All the Elises/Exiges are in garages protected from all the salt and snow you had there this winter. You probably noticed the same shortage of Lambos, Ferraris, etc. I see the same thing around Cincinnati LOL

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The largest number of Elises that I've seen were around the Spring of 05 timeframe..nowadays not so much,maybe see 1 or 2 every couple of months. I did see an Exige S in January but none since.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ive seen 2-3 EVER.

Wisconsin ftl.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have been driving my Elise almost every day in NJ for the past month and I have never been spotted once. I think maybe our cars have stealth technology.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I apologize for not visiting ET that much after selling my car, but this has really started to bother me. I live in Miami and before I used to see an elise or exige several times a week, sometimes, on a daily basis. Recently, however, they seem to have disappeared. In the last two/three months, I don't think I've seen even one! Has anyone noticed a similar occurrence in other parts of the country? Is there a conspiracy going on that I'm not aware of?
I suppose you didn't receive the buy back letter for Lotus USA that was in conjunction with the Owner Loyalty program?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha all good answers guys! But on a serious note, could it be that the majority of owners simply traded them in after realizing that the car was not for them? During a year that they came out, there was definitely a "craze" for the car and it looks to me like its starting to wean off, at least for the general exotic car buyers.

I know that at least locally, Prestige Imports has a huge pre-owned inventory and there seems to be more than ever for them on sale, 142 of them on autotrader alone right now. That's the only way I can explain why there aren't too many of them around right now... the weather is great by the way, 70-80 degrees and sunny :D

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
142 of them on autotrader alone right now. That's the only way I can explain why there aren't too many of them around right now... the weather is great by the way, 70-80 degrees and sunny :D
Search for Porsche Cayman and see how many you can find on Autotrader :crazyeyes

Then search for all models of Porsche vs. all models of Lotus available. Interesting results there, too. Makes me realize how relatively rare these cars are.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts